Boris Johnson Tests Positive For Covid-19

I’ve heard that they have put him on the first of the Dyson ventilators, and he is picking up nicely. 😉

Trying to work out , is this virus the same as flu?
How many vulnerable people does that kill per year anyway that probably take a flu jab anyway?

Thinking is this a Flu with no vaccine so that is the worry?
I had flu in my 40`s and that was horrendous , thought i was dying then, i always have a jab now.

This won’t change a thing. People still smoke even with pictures on fag packets and years of films and stats. People still don’t look after themselves by staying fit and then have health problems later in life. (I’m Generalising here)
We all know what’s right and wrong... some people just don’t care and no amount of information will change their view... unfortunately. 🙁😷

I disagree as smoking information is gradual and people thick they do know better as where this infections disease has happened overnight and people don't have that immortal safety buffer like smoking. IMHO

We all have a degree of acquired immunity to the flu. New strains emerge but our immune systems are better equipped to deal with them.

We have zero immunity to SARS-CoV-2, unless we're infected and recover. This is a completely new virus in humans.

SARS-CoV-2 is more contagious than seasonal flu and 20 times more deadly. Left unchecked SARS-CoV-2 will kill significantly more people than seasonal flu.

In 2016/17, 15,000 people died in the UK from the flu virus. With no action to contain SARS-CoV-2 it's estimated it will kill between 250,000 and half a million British people.

We all have a degree of acquired immunity to the flu. New strains emerge but our immune systems are better equipped to deal with them.

We have zero immunity to SARS-CoV-2, unless we're infected and recover. This is a completely new virus in humans.

SARS-CoV-2 is more contagious than seasonal flu and 20 times more deadly. Left unchecked SARS-CoV-2 will kill significantly more people than seasonal flu.

In 2016/17, 15,000 people died in the UK from the flu virus. With no action to contain SARS-CoV-2 it's estimated it will kill between 250,000 and half a million British people.

That still may be the case. It’s still way to early to call. And with little prospect of a vaccine soon there’s next winter to consider too.

Unless it burns itself out this year. Fingers crossed...

It was bloody funny.

Like the man said; only for those who laugh.
Sounds or read like he was having a go.

Anyway, I’m done with this aspect of the thread.

His work so far has been nothing to sneeze at and he seems to be coughing up the financial support.
Ooh, that was so bad it demands immediate self-isolation. 😷😷😷

2803-MATT-GALLERY-WEB-P1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

Diane Abbott has announced she is due to take a Coronavirus test tomorrow, she feels confident of passing after spending the last few days revising for it.

One way to sort out the house of Lords coming up soon?
Their average age is 70.

Whatever you might think of Boris, think we can all agree he’s far better than the Covididiot-in-Chier!

How many vulnerable people does that kill per year anyway that probably take a flu jab anyway?

I had flu in my 40`s and that was horrendous , thought i was dying then, i always have a jab now.

No it's not.

It causes a bilateral pneumonia, low lymphocyte count, severe symptoms and can precipitate ARDS (you cant breathe basically). We have no treatment other than supportive care and ABX for any bacterial imposed infections which might go alongside the virus.

Youtube some videos of Italian and Spanish doctors talking (warning) about coronavirus.

Now permanently excluded.
Three people have left emojis that imply they are either a) saddened or b) angered by the decision to ban a member who has upto now had a total of 12 x re-registrations.

So before you jump to his defence acknowledge, let that sink in. You have literally no idea what goes on sometimes.

Thanks

Last edited:
Public negative criticism or ridicule of a moderator
Mod edit. No.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking about the virus...:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom