Boris Johnson: Resigns….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boris has lots of enthusiasm, confidence and optimism. This could be one of the most interesting premierships in recent history. It could also be one of the shortest.

Will he get us out on 31st October? The odds (Parliament and the EU) seem stacked against him.
We won’t have to wait long to find out if he can succeed.

There can be no doubt he will get us out of the EU by 31 October. He must have a plan, including of how he is going to get it approved/allowed by Parliament, and now just needs to enact it.

Well if , when he fails to deliver the withdrawl at least it will be a spectacular failure and entertaining :D, unlike dry ol May.

Gonna be a fun ride and quite possibly a short one . Or he might just suprise us all :smashin:.

I've created a new thread for Marv and others bants and wind ups. Please keep this one on topic and civil.

This is a wind up thread right?
I wish the whole thing was a wind-up. But its not. He is "the dude". This is reality. Johnson has made his head mark 'energising' the country so the thread title is spot on really.

The Conservatives aren't going to get anyone "more Brexit," Boris was a key person in the official campaign. If we don't leave at the end of October it will have been two different Conservative leaders and PMs promising to leave the EU and then not delivering.

The next by-election is this one:

Chris Davies out - New by-election.

A win, or another very close second place. Anything else would suggest they peaked at the EU elections and that was it. (Can but hope :))

If we haven't left, the next GE will be no later than two and a half years later, and possibly sooner. The Brexit Party peak might actually be at that if Brexit still isn't delivered. It might give them some seats, it might also give a Corbyn government.

I'd like to think the Conservatives see that, a lot of them have voted for Boris. Also they have probably realised there isn't many places for them to go to. How did Change.org do?

I wish the whole thing was a wind-up. But its not. This is reality. Johnson has made his head mark 'energising' the country so the thread title is spot on really.

And I expect he will energise the country for his supporters and opposition alike . I'm not a fan but will give him the benefit of doubt in the top job , at least now we can judge and disscuss his actions rather than speculate on them .

Now trending on Twitter.

upload_2019-7-23_19-8-21.png

upload_2019-7-23_19-10-54.png

And I expect he will energise the country for his supporters and opposition alike . I'm not a fan but will give him the benefit of doubt in the top job , at least now we can judge and disscuss his actions rather than speculate on them .
I'm no fan, but he should be judged on his actions from now on.

Job number 1, get a deal with the brexit party and call an election.

I'm no fan, but he should be judged on his actions from now on.

Job number 1, get a deal with the brexit party and call an election.

Why does he need to do a deal with TBP? He’s the main Brexiteer Tory, and is now in the position to enact the promises he’s made since 2016. Whilst TBP did well in the Euro elections, they failed to secure Peterborough so are still essentially ‘irrelevant’ within direct Uk politics.

Surely by the 1st November TBP will be entirely irrelevant as we will have left the EU. Why give them a seat at the table when their one and only policy has already been enacted?

Does she need anyone to help her pack?
Twitter.

upload_2019-7-23_19-24-48.png

She seems to have a long list of people willing to help.

Not found where she's said it yet, but there is this:

upload_2019-7-23_19-26-20.png

Why does he need to do a deal with TBP? He’s the main Brexiteer Tory, and is now in the position to enact the promises he’s made since 2016. Whilst TBP did well in the Euro elections, they failed to secure Peterborough so are still essentially ‘irrelevant’ within direct Uk politics.

Surely by the 1st November TBP will be entirely irrelevant as we will have left the EU. Why give them a seat at the table when their one and only policy has already been enacted?
Zzzzzzzzzz.

Do we have to have this same conversation all over again?

A party with around 20% of votes in a general election is not irrelevant.

And it may have escaped your notice but it isn't November 1 and we haven't left yet.

A general election now can give the Tories a working majority, and allow people like Grieve who won't support their manifesto to step down.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Do we have to have this same conversation all over again?

A party with around 20% of votes in a general election is not irrelevant.

And it may have escaped your notice but it isn't November 1 and we haven't left yet.

A general election now can give the Tories a working majority, and allow people like Grieve who won't support their manifesto to step down.

No, it’s not the same again. When did TBP get 20% of votes in a General Election?

Johnson is the most prominent Brexiteer in the Conservative Party and he’s now leading it, entirely on the promise to leave on the 1st November. It’s been said numerous times on here that if he does nothing, we leave, so he doesn’t need TBP.

Yeah, but this is coming from the Brexit Messiah so it must be true.
Thanks for your confidence in Boris, very admirable, but we've been here with "Brexit means Brexit" so I would suggest a little bit of caution.

No, it’s not the same again. When did TBP get 20% of votes in a General Election?
Well they haven't, though there was some crunching of numbers.

Would the Brexit party win a majority of 240 seats at a general election?

It gave them a 240 seat majority. But that's not how reality works.

Johnson is the most prominent Brexiteer in the Conservative Party and he’s now leading it, entirely on the promise to leave on the 1st November. It’s been said numerous times on here that if he does nothing, we leave, so he doesn’t need TBP.
Well he doesn't.

I don't think the existence of The Brexit Party is up to Boris anyway.

Johnson's first priority must be to meet his spending pledges:

- Raising the threshold at which income tax is paid at 40% from £50,000 to £80,000 [Cost: £9bn]

- Increasing the starting point for national insurance contributions to £12,500 [Cost: £11bn]

- Raise education spending to £5,000 for every secondary school pupil and £4,000 for each primary school pupil [Cost: £4.6bn].

- Employing an additional 20,000 police officers [Cost: £1.1bn].

- Raising the level at which stamp duty is levied [Cost: £3.8bn].

- Nationwide full fibre broadband coverage by 2025.

- Review HS2 and build HS3.

These have been promised and must be delivered.

Thanks for your confidence in Boris, very admirable, but we've been here with "Brexit means Brexit" so I would suggest a little bit of caution.

May was a Remainer, as many here repeat continually. Now that there’s a true Brexiteer at the helm, why wouldn’t we leave?

Well they haven't, though there was some crunching of numbers.

Would the Brexit party win a majority of 240 seats at a general election?

It gave them a 240 seat majority. But that's not how reality works.

Well he doesn't.

I don't think the existence of The Brexit Party is up to Boris anyway.

I wasn’t talking originally about their existence, I was just asking why Johnson needed to do a deal with them and then call a GE? They were a protest vote for Tories to show their distain at May, in the hope that the Tories change their tact. There is now the head of the official leave campaign in charge of the country, so I just asked why a deal is needed with TBP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom