'Boris Bike' collision

IronGiant

Reaction score
the news said:
'Boris Bike' collision
A man has been air-lifted to hospital after he was knocked off a 'Boris Bike' in central London. The accident happened just after 1:00PM on Grays Inn Road with witnesses describing the bike as 'mangled.'

Is it just me but isn't it just a tiny bit pathetic to have it in the headline it was a bike rented under a rental scheme launched by the Mayor?

Is this Thatcher's fault?

Population reduction ?

Population reduction, only for pretentiousness!

They could also widen the roads they narrowed rather than enforcing all London boroughs to have these bike banks at a great cost to Tax payer.

Stop wearing all black Lycra at night something florescent helps to be seen. At a push they might like to attach some lights too, one last thing please use the cycle lanes that are available.

they should only allow the very smallest cars to drive through London and increase the congestion charge as well

la gran siete said:
they should only allow the very smallest cars to drive through London and increase the congestion charge as well

They should privatise the roads, widen them and only let SUVs and exotic super cars and motorcycles use them as a race track. It would be like Monte Carlo.

They should privatise the roads, widen them and only let SUVs and exotic super cars and motorcycles use them as a race track. It would be like Monte Carlo.

privitise my arse, i want us to remain in complete control over OUR roads and only allow Sinclair c5 type private vehicles

la gran siete said:
privitise my arse, i want us to remain in complete control over OUR roads

If your arse was privatised, what would you use to talk out of??
:confused:

la gran siete said:
privitise my arse, i want us to remain in complete control over OUR roads and only allow Sinclair c5 type private vehicles

I would allow bigger vehicles to run over anyone with a Sinclair C5. In fact I would make it mandatory. It could be a great game with rewards for the number squashed.

LGS the perpetual irony generator, or hypocrisy, at times I' not sure.

gazbarber said:
LGS the perpetual irony generator, or hypocrisy at times I' not sure.

Standard approach for LGS - proposing lots of rules that he won't be affected by!!

sidicks said:
Standard approach for LGS - proposing lots of rules that he won't be affected by!!

I don't think he is serious. He wants the roads privatised. :)

sidicks said:

I just want to say I just spat tea all over my bed and my wife is not happy about it.
I didn't realise you could be funny..

BISHI said:
I just want to say I just spat tea all over my bed and my wife is not happy about it.
I didn't realise you could be funny..

Shhh, it's something I try and keep quiet
:smashin:

privitise my arse ...

Now there's a thought. What about the rest of you?

Ahhh, I get it. What you actually mean is privatisation can be regarded as sewerage.

That's clever, good bit of word play LGS.

;)

Alan CD said:

Ahhh, I get it. What you actually mean is privatisation can be regarded as sewerage.

;)

I think he meant Privet-ise.

I am more concerned about how it would make a profit.

;)

Id like to reverse privatising starting with the traffic wardens, a more snivelling bunch opportunists I have yet to find.At least you could reason with the previous lot and as long as you didnt take the **** ,they were fine on the whole.This current lot have targets they have to meet for which they get the sack if they don't which means they are shall we say over eager in issuing tickets

la gran siete said:
Id like to reverse privatising starting with the traffic wardens, a more snivelling bunch opportunists I have yet to find.At least you could reason with the previous lot and as long as you didnt take the **** ,they were fine on the whole.This current lot have targets they have to meet for which they get the sack if they don't which means they are shall we say over eager in issuing tickets

That's an area where privatisation is a nightmare. When the state uses it in that way the improved efficiency and performance works against the tax payer. One good reason for never having a privatised tax collection service.

In a town in Wales last year the traffic wardens went on strike and within a few days there were fist fights over parking spaces. Sadly motorists need kept in line.

In a town in Wales last year the traffic wardens went on strike and within a few days there were fist fights over parking spaces. Sadly motorists need kept in line.

yes they do, but common sense should always prevail .This lot are only interested in meeting targets and their employers are only interested in profits.The previous wardens were, without a doubt , much better with because you could reason with them.If people got aggressive them then they had no chance, but i always found them fine.

la gran siete said:
yes they do, but common sense should always prevail .This lot are only interested in meeting targets and their employers are only interested in profits.The previous wardens were, without a doubt , much better with because you could reason with them.If people got aggressive them then they had no chance, but i always found them fine.

That's exactly why private sector does a better job. Previously the traffic wardens were public servants so it wasn't important to be efficient. It might even mean more work. Easier to let people go than write out a ticket or get in a spat. Private sector work to give the customer what they demand. In this case the customer is the council. They pull in a fantastic amount of coin for the council, in order for the council to enjoy the benefits they have become accustomed to. They employ these private sector wardens because they bring in more money and cost them less to employ.

Therefore, if you don't like your traffic wardens you know where you should be putting your complaints. Your local council. Tell them to stop spending so much and taking your money. Tell them to make parking free and only to prosecute those who obstruct the highway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom