Bordertown (Netflix)

DarkDogZA

DarkDogZA

I couldn't find a thread on this. Very much a must see for fans of Scandi crime shows. It has been a while since I binge watched an entire season in the space of a week!

angelyne

Novice Member
You looked pretty lonely in here, a fan club of one. So I joined to make it two.

Really enjoying the show. Such interesting characters. Although I must say I'm at the episode where they're are dog fights. And I had to shake my head when Kari started freaking out as if he has been in contact with Ebola or something. Even Ebola is not as contagious as they are making rabies sound. You have to be bitten by an infected animal. It's transmitted through saliva and the virus has to enter your body. Casual contact on unbroken skin won't do it. Imagine if rabies was as contagious as they made it sound. It would have decimated Europe a couple of times over, like the Black Plague.

Even the pathologist has nothing to worry about. They gave him the vaccine in plenty of time to spare.

It's not looking good for Nana though.

Last edited:

DarkDogZA

ha, cheers. Plainly there are not many scandi crime drama fans on here. I agree with your point on rabies.

simonldt

Trying to watch the 3rd season now and the quality is shocking. 0.87mbps stream, the thing is a mess with macroblocking everywhere and lots of frozen objects in the frame where the bitrate is so starved it can't render anything.

Horndog

Novice Member
Have been watching fist season and it is obvious people are doing voice overs in English. Im trying to figure out who is the English voice of Karri [main character]. Driving me crazy.

Hampy1972

Season 3 is ok, complex cases divided up in 2 to 3 episodes (like mini stories) with Kari and Lena in the middle. I prefer original soundtrack with ENG subtitles.

I am approaching the end (2 to go) and it is one of those tv series you have to watch carefully, a thinking persons viewing.

Kari is sort of becoming something of a legend as the memory master in how he sees things and unravels the storylines (If only he spoke with a bit more humpf) :)

I have always enjoyed watching those that can portray complex characters on screen..
8/10 for me...

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Just watched the first episode. Loved it.
Hated the PQ which is a total disaster.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Original soundtrack too with subs. Hate dubs.
I skip the intro despite the beautiful yet very blocky scenery because of the absolutely hideous singing!

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Never seen this show, is the picture quality poor because of the reduced bitrate or just poor in general?
Reduced bitrate I'd imagine

simonldt

Nothing wrong with the show quality, the first 2 seasons looked great at full bit rate but this 3rd season looks bad, like how Game of Thrones Ep3 of S8 looked with the banding, blocking and milky greys on Sky.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
We're at the end of season 2 and are still both really enjoying it. The lead character is superbly played by a very talented actor, Ville Virtanen, and is ably supported by a fantastic cast. Lots of intrigue, suspense and very well scripted. Superb.