Borderlands 2 VR - 14th Dec 2018

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Update is out today that provides Aim support I Havn't tried it myself yet wont be able to until the weekend so will post back on how it goes then, you can also turn off the screen that appears when zooming with scoped weapons if you wish and a few other bug fixes.

There is still no word on multiplayer or the DLC other than them saying they are still looking in to it.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Aim support is a big thing and hugely welcome, but it's a unfair seeing so many people on the Reddit forum especially, criticising Borderlands in a nasty way for not supporting Aim.

What many not realise is that it takes a hell of a lot of work to adapt a game that uses independant hand actions (ie pistol one hand, grenade another, or bow and arrow action etc) and adapt to a two handed weapon gameplay for Aim. That's a huge thing. Arizona Sunshine did a brilliant job in changing the whole game mechanics to be playable with a two handed weapon for Aim controllers...and it took them almost a year to make that change. Doom VR took far less time, to adapt and it shows as the on screen visuals don't match the physical handling of the aim controller at all.

So it will be interesting to see how well the game has been adapted for Aim controller, if weapons are restricted to two handed type or if they take the Doom VR approach and just tack on the AIM without matching the on screen visual immersion.

I haven't bought the game but I look forward to you guys thoughts when you play it.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Played with the Aim today and happy to report it plays very well, all weapon types are there they haven't restricted to just two handed, aiming is spot on just point your gun where you want to shoot and pull the trigger making head shots etc much easier than with a controller which i was using previously.

This is proper aim support whatever you do with the aim in your hands your in game hands match to it, If your looking for another great game for the Aim I will say this is it.

I can understand that some may see the price as a little to much to pay but there are not many AAA full length games for the Aim so I would say it's worth the price but you can always wait for a sale, Easter is around the corner so maybe it could end up cheaper then.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Just announced at Pax they will be bringing all the DLC in the summer Via a free update, I honestly thought they would charge for it but thankfully they are not, got to give them credit for that.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Just announced at Pax they will be bringing all the DLC in the summer Via a free update, I honestly thought they would charge for it but thankfully they are not, got to give them credit for that.
Wow, that's sounds like really good news as I hear the DLC are quite awesome narrative additions. I never played any Borderlands but intend to buy Borderlands VR when I reach my milestones for Operation Warcade and Zero hour.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Finally getting around to playing this game (bought during latest sale). Never played any borderlands game before as it never really appealed to me but looks to be a great vr experience.

So after my first 3 hours with it, I am both pleased and aggravated by it. Pleased that Aim is implemented well enough with it though not as well as Arizona Sunshine and Farpoint, pleased that the game itself is a very funny and fun journey to play through, pleased that the vr conversion is also well implemented in total immersion.

But the biggest problem for me is the damn HUD. My eyeballs feel like they are tearing out of their sockets to see the map and lifeine gauges which follow the head movement. I don't know what the best solution for this is but this is surely not it. Other vr games would have it on a wristband or just better placed on screen or in a fixed vr world position on a visor. I decided that in order to enjoy the game I have to ignore the HUD and sacrifice the info.

Other than that, so far so good.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom