1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Border?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by spocktra, Dec 2, 2004.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The black border surrounding the picture on my 32zp48 seems uneven.Anyone got any ideas on improving i have seen threads refering to the geometry is this the case here.Basically the bottom of the picture has more of a border than the top?.

2. builder

builder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spocktra

I also have a Tosh 48. I sometimes notice a difference in the border size but it seems to vary depending on picture format, channel being watched and the source ie DVD Digital box or VCR, it's never bothered me or caused a problem but I guess you can twiddle with it from the service menu.

Not much help I know.

Regards

builder

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you really must. Get a pen and paper. Service menu - Press the 'Menu' button on the front of the tv itself under the front panel whilst pressing and holding down the 'mute' button on the remote control. Now you will see the adjustments in the service menu. Up/down arrows on the remote to select parameter and left/right arrows to alter the current value. Write down every value for each parameter BEFORE you attempt any adjustments - that way you will be able to get back to where you were if you cock it up - the individual adjustments have an adjustment number (like 04ADH for VP1 for example) followed by the current value (3EH 00111110B etc) - To save your new values simply switch the tv off. You may want to adjust VPS1 (coarse vertical shift) or VPS2 (fine vertical shift). Be careful, geometry adjustments tend to interact - if you adjust either of vertical shift controls TOO much then you will most likely start to introduce/see other geometry 'issues'. These sets appear to come with a slightly 'thicker' border at the bottom compared to the top - possibly to avoid the chance of signals such as teletext being shown in vision - Whilst in the service menu do NOT press any other buttons on the remote control. It's not difficult to do but if you are not confident - don't do it.Regards, yt.

4. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks for advice ,its about putting my mind at rest which has been filled with many woes since buying my first 100htz tv.

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This is a 'lovely' tv. I watch everything in 'Natural' 100Hz scan mode - put your feet up and enjoy it. Regards, yt