• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bootcamp

P

peluchi

Hi, I'm looking at getting Windows for my Mac to run through Bootcamp. Being a student I've noticed that Windows 7 is available for £30 to students. I'm not entirely sure if this is only an upgrade offer or if a disc is available. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether this offer would be compatible with a mac?

Spoonhead

I actually run VMfusion on the bootcamp partition. That way I can work side by side with normal software, but load up bootcamp when gaming.

Works very well.

Gazza

P

peluchi

That's my question too, will the backup disc install on a mac? I doubt it will come with a product key though?

nig6

I'm 99% sure you get a full retail copy of windows 7 and a proper license key, it can be used for upgrades and full install.

Best to check with microsoft first, but I got 98, XP and Vista via the student program and all of them were like this. and I've got 7 via the staff offer and that also is the same.

JessicaD

Standard Member
Peluchi,
The $30 offer for Windows 7 to students is an upgrade version of Windows 7. For more information, please go here: Windows 7 US Online Store - Student Registration
Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom