Boosting Wireless Signal?

SterlingCG

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got a bit of a prob with my current network set up. I've moved into a place that's using a Linksys Wireless Router, which has to be in the living room. There's only one place i can put the 360 in my bedroom, and this seems to be a bit of a dead spot. I do get a connection, but it's not the greatest. I'm using the official MS wireless adapter for the 360.

My question is this... is there a way of either boosting the signal, or perhaps relocating the ariel on the wireless adapter?

Any (reasonable) suggestions welcome... Thanks

P.S: I can't change the location of the router or the 360 without a lot of hassle.

The new 'n' standard (as opposed to the existing 'g' standard) is, I understand, more powerful but the standard is not yet accepted so although companies are selling n kit there is no guarantee that the standard will not change.

You could get a USB extension cable (Male to Female) so that you could put the XBox 360's Wireless Adapter in a better position.

I haven't tried this myself, but I see no reason for it not to work.

You can quite easily get hold of a 3m one like this!

Yes, the USB extension did cross my mind, may be the the quickest (and cheapest) solution.

Cheers guys...

Try to locate the 360 PSU as far away as possible from the console as it produces a staggering amount of signal disruption.

Just plugged in a 5m long USB extension cable and i've managed to get 4/5 bars now... a lot better than the single red one!

Top marks for the Official Wireless Adapter, without it I would be resricted as to where I could place a bridge die to the power.

If you can, don't use wireless, but use connect you're 360 up to you're router by wire.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom