Boosting denial? Brilliant news....

rousetafarian

Reaction score
Now as I haven't played for a week or so, so I may have missed something.

I gave FFA a couple of games tonight both of which had some sad losers boosting.....just before I thought of quitting to ruin their ill-gotten nuke, their scores were negated, ie 24/0 and 0/24 but the KDR remained so they couldn't cheat and nuke, and the one being killed still suffered from a crap KDR as it went up to 0/59.

Funnily enough they quit after someone hurled them abuse questioning their parentage and genepool

Have the developers fixed this or was it a glitch?

Last edited:
Please can someone confirm what I saw happen, otherwise I must have had a damned realistic dream...:p

If this turns out to be the case, it's great news!

I'm sorry I have no input but I thought a bump to the top wouldn't harm.

I really am struggling to understand what you mean???

If you're asking can people still boost by constantly shooting someone spawning with Tactical Insertion then the answer is YES.

I really am struggling to understand what you mean???

If you're asking can people still boost by constantly shooting someone spawning with Tactical Insertion then the answer is YES.

No problem, it was late last night so probably didn't explain myself clearly....

Scenario

FFA on Karachi and there was a pair of boosters;

Booster A was winning the game 24/0

and

Booster B was losing the game 0/24

As Booster A got his 25th kill, he got booted from the game completely, then Booster B went from 0/24 to 0/48 instantly!

I went from 2nd place to 1st place and Booster B ended up on about 0/59

So as I read it they both got penalised :D, and I won

This also happened on Sub-Base when I found another pair hiding behind the small building in the top corner by the subs I dont remember seeing TI's and I certainly wasn't drunk ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm very interesting let me do some Googling......

Hmmm very interesting let me do some Googling......

Let me know what you find, also coincidentally I updated my PS3's software that night.......clearly not connected but spooky none the less

Let me know what you find, also coincidentally I updated my PS3's software that night.......clearly not connected but spooky none the less

Not found nothing on web, I also tweeted 402 asking him if it's been fixed. If I get a reply and it's a big if I'll post it in this thread

If it isn't a fix and I've dreamt this up somehow, it would be a bloody good solution to these pesky kids, no?

Will keep an eye out for this when i'm on

Probably quicker to try it out than wait for 402 to confirm, I won't be trying it though. ha

Good news if true but I doubt it is knowing IW :(

nope justed played a game with 2 lots of boosters got one but the others got the nuke.

nope justed played a game with 2 lots of boosters got one but the others got the nuke.

Honestly I am not going out of my mind, it was possibly a glitch but it did really happen if only I had my phone with me to take a picture of the final standings

I'm guessing you were fortunate mate, not quite sure how IW could implement such a mod into games without penalising genuinely good players. I was playing MTDM the other day and some guy got to 37-0 before getting his nuke without there being any hint of cheating.

I'm guessing you were fortunate mate, not quite sure how IW could implement such a mod into games without penalising genuinely good players. I was playing MTDM the other day and some guy got to 37-0 before getting his nuke without there being any hint of cheating.

Anything more than say 10 (and that's generous) kills on the same person consecutively obviously isn't coincidental.

The 37-0 guy would have been killing a variety of the other team members. Boosters generally only kill one friend over and over.

Get the game to spot this behaviour and there you go.

Totally agree that its possible, but there is always the risk of penalising people who are playing well and taking advantage of people who suck!

Lets hope 402 clears this idea and gets it added straight away!

Totally agree that its possible, but there is always the risk of penalising people who are playing well and taking advantage of people who suck!

Lets hope 402 clears this idea and gets it added straight away!

Boosting is such a predictable pattern that I doubt that legitimate players would get penalised.

Say in TDM, you get the game to automatically spot opposing team mates who have mirroring scores 10-0 and 0-10.

At that point, reset their score or kick them.

(I only put reset or kick because the option to give them a blood born virus isn't logistically possible)

I'm guessing you were fortunate mate, not quite sure how IW could implement such a mod into games without penalising genuinely good players.

Get the game to work out the % chance of a player killing only 1 (or 2) players over and over based on the total number of players in the game up to a kill ratio of 24 continous kills, pretty quickly the probability that you won't a) kill anyone else or b) get killed yourself becomes so remote that any results after that point must be the result of a cheat.

Boosting is such a predictable pattern that I doubt that legitimate players would get penalised.

Say in TDM, you get the game to automatically spot opposing team mates who have mirroring scores 10-0 and 0-10.

At that point, reset their score or kick them.

(I only put reset or kick because the option to give them a blood born virus isn't logistically possible)

The problem here is that boosters would work this out, trade a few kills to get the game going and then begin boosting. Or, as we've seen glimpses of, start boosting in packs of 3-4 people to confuse the system.

Its such a sad thing to want to do, I can't understand the satisfaction! :confused:

The problem here is that boosters would work this out, trade a few kills to get the game going and then begin boosting. Or, as we've seen glimpses of, start boosting in packs of 3-4 people to confuse the system.

Its such a sad thing to want to do, I can't understand the satisfaction! :confused:

But coordinating 3-4 is much harder and more noticeable than 2.

Anything that's a deterrent that can be implemented as easily as this could surely has got to be worth a try, even if for a reduction in the number of incidents.

I only play Hardcore modes so it rarely effects me as boosters generally get shot by their own teams but I still feel that this element of idignant cheats ruin the game for a lot of people who just want to play for the challenge and the entertainment.

But coordinating 3-4 is much harder and more noticeable than 2.

Anything that's a deterrent that can be implemented as easily as this could surely has got to be worth a try, even if for a reduction in the number of incidents.

I only play Hardcore modes so it rarely effects me as boosters generally get shot by their own teams but I still feel that this element of idignant cheats ruin the game for a lot of people who just want to play for the challenge and the entertainment.

Fully agree with all of this :thumbsup: I only really play mTDM so don't see boosters ever in this mode but have come across them in the odd game of FFA or Dom if I ever play these and they're a royal PITA.

Going off on a tangent however, I find RPG and noob-tube users far more annoying then boosters - particularly when they're spamming them so you can barely move before getting taken out :mad:

The sticking point is that it needed to be implemented at the coding stage of devlopment. As simple as it would be for the game to spot someone cheating it wouldn't be something you could add with a simple patch. It would need to be in the game engine from the off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom