• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Boosting a poor signal (on 3 network)

philmaddison

Standard Member
I don't post much on here but I've found myself in a pretty annoying situation. I signed up for a 24 month contract with 3 about a month ago and then moved house this weekend.

The flat I'm in is a lower ground floor flat which is about 2-3 foot below the level of the front and back gardens and the tops of the rooms are well above ground level.

I've tried using my phone (a Samsung Galaxy S2) in pretty much every spot in the flat and had no luck getting a signal and when I'm on the phone walking into the flat the call cuts out about 5 seconds after I walk through the door.

I've had a look on google and everything I've found costs upwards of £150.
Is there anything cheaper that might help as I'm pretty sure it won't take much of a boost to get a signal. The phone works when I walk up 3 feet of stairs by the side of the flat.

Any help much appreciated :)

Jay Z

try and buy a mobile signal repeater maybe? It costs around £90 I believe but I haven't personally used them.

Jay

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom