Boondock Saints

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Anyone know where I might find an uncut, English 5.1, anamorphic version of this film for sale? I've heard the German version is a good bet but I can't find anywhere to buy it from! If anyone knows of another version that I may be able to find fairly easily then please let me know. Not interested in the UK release though!

Cheers

A

AequitasVeritas

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
This site is handy for telling you which versions are unedited.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film_results_page.php?fid=2247
The info there is wrong, they seem to have got the R1 USA and R2 UK releases mixed up.

I own both, and the UK one featurs heavy cuts - lots of blood edited out in various scenes. Most notably in the Rocco/Lakeview scene, and the Hotel/Brothers/Rope scene.

The US NC-17 version isn't cut at all.

F

FoxyMulder

I sure hope they aren't wrong on any other titles yikesss :(

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
What's NC-17? Is that some kind of US clasification? I managed to get a US version from a guy trading on Amazon but it's rated R. It has the same cover as the one in the link but no mention of NC-17 anywhere!

In answer to your question Figgy D, the film is about 2 brothers who decide to rid their town of the lowlife scum after a run in with the Russian maffia. It's very violent but also funny and well worth seeing. I'd never heard of it either until last week when a mate came back from Germany raving about it. One of the best films I've seen in ages!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom