1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boomtown (US TV SHOW) - help!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Gary D, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    hi folks,

I found the season 1 DVD cheap a few weeks ago and have to say i was blown away by it, but as alwways theres a downside - it got cancelled!!! so can anyone tell me if they have heard anything about the last 4 episodes of season 1 and the 6 from season 2 being released on DVD?

Gary

2. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    There were only 18 episodes in season one, all of these are on the DVD release.
    There is also a R1 release with the same episodes but more extra features.

The 6 epsidoes that make up season two have never been released on DVD R1 or R2. Infact they have never aired on UK TV (although FX289 MIGHT be airing them Mondays from 1st November if they continue on from season one).
    They have recorded selected commentries for season two, so one would think that it will be released eventually.

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    If you look at the link below on the right hand side of the screen you will a poll, are the four episodes mentioned there included in season 2? (or am i falling for a gag?

i know that US tv shows normally come in two lengths 13 episodes ( a la the Shield/6 feet under/nip and tuck) and 20 odd episodes (24/xfiles/CSi etc) it just seemed strange that it was only 18 in season 1.

Gary

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=98

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Five hold the rights to show Season 2 - all six episodes of it - but haven't decided when or how it will be shown. (They will probably repeat all of Season 1, and then go straight into a first-run transmission of Season 2, seeing as it's so short, making a run of 24 episodes in total.)

As for a DVD release, I can't see this making it out, on its own. It's just too short, to warrant a worthwhile release somehow.

A shame, but nonetheless....

Pooch

5. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have checked all over the web.....there are only 18 episodes in season one official! Then six in season two. More were palnned but production was shut down so they never made it to being recorded.

PoochJD, i dont think Five have the rights to a 3rd repeat (they have already repeated season one once late on friday nights). I know they have the rights but not sure when or even if we will see them.
    I still say the best odd are on FX289 airing them. As far as i know they have the rights to every episode and they have a history of airing one season after another without breaks.

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    thasts bad news then, i dont have sky.

Gary

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    It was very good but a little bit too edgy and non-linear for the average viewer.

the one with the rookie policeman taken hostage by the death row inmate's gang was brilliant.