1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boomslang.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by amped2go, Sep 29, 2003.

1. amped2go

amped2go

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Gamers,

Does anyone out there use a Razer Boomslang to play FPS.
    If you do, is it any good and do you think it is worthy of the aprrox. £50. I'm contemplating buying one, but not sure if it is over hyped or not and if the 2100dpi really make a difference in accuracy.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

2. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never used one but hear good things press-wise. I only ever use trackballs as I end up pushing mice off the edge of my desk. The DPI thing looks like a gimmick, might be necessary for DTP but I doubt you'll be gasping at how smooth the mouse movement is when you're playing DoomIII ;)

3. Zef

Zef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I had one of the original Razor greenish ones - was absoluty fantastic for FPS until a button stopped working and the company went bust - so no refund !- you will be amazed on the control which is totally tunable. Takes a while to get used to but it certanly upped my frag rate. Im considering getting one of these new ones when i have a spare £50

4. Toole

Toole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a good friend who used a Boomslang 2000 for about a year or so. There was no denying that the high DPi made for really accurate mouse control (was great for sniping in games like CounterStrike) but he's had to stop using it because the shape of the mouse was giving him problems.

He's actually convinced that the Boomslang was a major contributing factor to why he now has twinges of RSI in his wrist.

As an alternative, if you want a great gaming mouse then I'd suggest buying a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 - they've really enhanced the DPi resolution on this mouse since the old v1.0 and if you couple it up with an Everglide Giganta optical mouse pad it's about as smooth as you could wish for. Plus it's got 5 buttons.
    Just make sure that if you DO look at one, it's the USB CORDED version as the cordless one isn't responsive enough for games.

Hehehe. Sorry, I sound like a salesman! :eek:

Seriously though, I've tried both mice and although they're both great in terms of resolution it really comes down to what your hand feels most comfortable with, and for me that's the Intellimouse.