1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boomerang

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mr_P, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    The channel for the kids, this is part of the value pack which I took out last June when I got Sky installed. This evening I am getting a message stating that this channel is part of the cartoon network and I need to upgrade!

Excuse me Sky but when I took out a contract with you, I was told that Boomerang was part of my £10 package(now £12.50). I have checked what comes with the value pack and it still says that Boomerang is part of the package!

Does anyone else have this?

Thanks.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Boomerang became part of the Family package (£18.50) yesterday, I suspect package details on SKY's websites are a few days behind actual events.

3. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Thanks, well they have upset my 3 year old daughter, she is in tears, she loves Scooby Do just before she goes to bed. Sky are total swines!! Anyway I though Boomerang was free to air so you would at least expect Sky to include it on their lowest package. I suppose the same for ITV2, you don't get that either from Sky.
    Well I will be cancelling my subscription when my 12 months is up.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Can't blame you for cancelling if you aren't happy, nothing worse then reading posts from people who just moan all the time as opposed to offering consturctive criticism yet still keep paying for the service:)

Only specualtion why Bommerang had entered a subscription package at this time, obviously money was the deciding factor but did SKY make a generous offer to to strengthen their lineup or just to remove a non subscription channel.
    As for ITV2 well if SKY hadn't paid ITV around £3 million to carry the channel then it would not be on digital satellite at all so I can't criticise SKY for wanting to recoup some of that money via subscriptions.

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since your year is up in June, you might want to call them ahead of time and tell them that you're specifically planning cancelling at the end of your contract because Boomerang has been shifted to another package.

You might get the full package at a reduced rate for a few months as an incentive to alter your subscription. But, at the least, you will have logged your reason for downgrading, and with Sky fighting against a rather large portion of their subscribers downgrading, you can be sure that they are looking at these figures. (hence the arrival of widescreen programming for movies)

6. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please don't bother to phone them. I suspect that half their operators are total sponge heads on minimum wage and never pass on comments to people with authority. Post a letter to the head honcho by Recorded Delivery. He won't read it personally but at least it will get higher in the chain of command than a phone call.

(Tony Ball is Chief Executive).
    Tony.Ball@bskyb.com

7. stretcher

stretcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I cancelled my subscription taking effect 1st January - kids are well hacked off that Boomerang, which was a freebie, is no longer - however I gently remind them that for less than 2 months family subs which we were on before, another playstation game in the offeng as a sweetener!!!

Probably end up with a year's supply of games now, but rather that than continuing to be ripped off by SKY.

By the way, it amazing how much more socialble we've all become - no more fighting over MTV, nick TV etc!!

8. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    I notice that French subscriptions also now charge extra for Boomerang - so it isn't just $ky that should be blamed.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.