Boombox portable stero hack audio problem

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by chrispknight, Jul 24, 2005.

1. chrispknight

chrispknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am just starting to get into audio work, and started by taking apart a standard crummy boombox and trying to input an audio signal from my iPod. What I did was to take the tape deck out, cut the audio wires from it, and then to splice in a signal from a 1/8th inch stereo jack. Everything went fairly well, and I got it all working, except as soon as I heard the sound coming out, it was terribly distorted, fuzzy, and bad. By turning down the volume on the ipod, it helped slightly but there are still tremendous problems with the sound

1. The highs and middle are soft and small
    2. The bass is VERY loud and blown out
    3. Overall bad quality sound for a direct in

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to make this hack work. I really have very little experience with this kind of work, but I was thinking maybe if I put in a resistor to make the signal less, it would not cut off the highs and lows. I put pictures up so you could understand more of what I was doing. the link is below. Any help would be much appreciated.

Boombox hack