1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boom + Hum

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by arn, May 1, 2005.

1. arn

arn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know of a way to cure Booming and hum on a sub? i can get rid of it by turning the sub down but when i turn it back up it booms and there is a hum. :(

I have a Velodyne ch8 by the way

Cheers

P.s I am using a Ixos Silver Gamma cable to feed it from the Av Receiver

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Could you be a bit more specific in how it booms and hums? Does it hum all of the time when it's switched on? Does it boom with all source material or just loud explosions on DVD? How is it when listening to music? :)

3. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    firstly i had the velodyne vx 10 and that had a bit of a hum! so i think thats part and parcel of subs....room boom is a different issue, i had that with the vx10 and sometimes with with my now owned rel q100e. i found that positioning had a lot to do with boom ,and volume settings. i moved my rel out of the corner over to a completly different side of the room, that reduced it a bit. then i turned the volume to 12.00 the boom was prett bad...so i knocked it own to 10.00 and the boom vanished. the sub is probably still not set 100 percent but its probably better than i had it

4. arn

arn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Problem sorted now, Don't know what was causing it but i messed with some settings and its sweet now. doesn't even hum when on full.

Thanks for the replies though :smashin: