Bookshelf speakers?

Bass junky

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've just purchased a Toshiba 36" TV wich allows me to put in front and rear speakers so I was thinking of some nice small bookshelf ones that sound good which don't require alot of power as the TV's amp is only like 20W RMS p/ch

I dont' have much money so the cheaper the better

Hi BassJunky, If my thinking serves me rightly, you should be looking perhaps at speakers that are very easy to drive. You probably want to go for efficiency rating of 90db+

I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

How much is your budget?

Dan.

Hi

Thanks for the info I don't have much left erm maybe £100 - do you think I could get two pairs for that or will I have to wait till next pay day lol?

Cheers

Hi, does your tv have a built in sub and are you happy with the bass or do you want to get bass out of the extra speakers too?

I noticed Richer sounds sell Eltax minis for £30/pair which may suffice. They're reasonably efficient and should be close enough to the wattage of your tv to be suitable.:lesson:

Still, if you can stretch the budget to Badger's idea of the yamaha, you'd get dts decoding, dolby digital as well, and an altogether great value package that should blow the socks off the make-do solution of adding speakers via your tv's output. In the package you get a full-fledged reciever and opens your options up for future upgradeability if you decide to go further.

Dan.

Hi

The TV has a built in Sub but it's rubbish I love sound more than vision as I'm nearly blind so I expect alot from the sound system also the TV is fully Dolby Digital it came with built in sub a centre channel built into the front of the TV and 4 little tinny speakers yuk

I like the sound of the setup above it's great will that give me some heavy bass as well as clear and loud treble/mid range?

Sorry for more questions but I have to get this right

p.s. don't suppose anyone could help with my other thread?

Cherers

The AV59, I think, would be a vast improvement on your existing setup.
If the telly comes with crappy little speakers, it implies that the amp is not much kop either.
With the AV59, you will be getting real power and yes, strong bass (compared to the existing) and much improved clarity.
As has been said, you'll get a proper amp, which is a basis to improve on at a later time, if you so wish. You could then upgrade the fronts, centre (esp. important for dialogue),rears or sub on seperate occasions. This is what an amp gives you, flexiblity.
If you go for an all in one, you pretty well have to scrap the lot.

Sorry about your sight mate, but maybe you have sharper hearing because of it.
That can be a double edged sword, because I've found that when you hear something that is "right", you want to improve it all the time.
You'll have to be careful you don't get the upgrade bug :D

As for your other thread, I've just stuck my tuppence worth in ;)

awww cheers

That's great I'm thinking the amp is the right move now as I love sound quality even my going out headphones are sennhieser PX200's lol

So all I will need is a DAB tuner and a DVD player and I'll be sorted nice one that's both things sorted in one go

Edit would this system be any good? Panasonic SCHT880

Thank you again

No digital outputs and no mention of dolby surround makes it a no-no for me.

Plus you lose the flexibility I was on about.

See your other thread ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom