1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bookshelf speakers to supplement my KEFs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by NiallAikman, Jul 20, 2005.

1. NiallAikman

NiallAikman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the KEF KHT 2005 satellite/sub setup, which I've had for some years now. I have no complaints about them, they are great for the vast majority of applications. However, I'm listening to more and more CDs now, and would kind of like to get bigger/better front speakers as music is a higher priority than it used to be.

I appreciate that I will have to go out and listen to a few, as speakers are very much down to individual taste, but has anyone gone down this route already and have any recommendations? I'd like to just replace the front pair for now, and would like something decent that will still blend in ok with my eggs.

Any feedback will be gratefully accepted, was thinking about Quad 12Ls (or similar price bracket).

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not try the Q1's or Q compacts or wait for the new iQ1/iQ3

Skinny

3. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I replaced my front eggs with Q4's. Floorstanders, I know, but even with bookshelf speakers you need to stand them on something. You could probably pick up a pair of Q4's for a good price at the moment too.

Balders.