Bookshelf speakers isolation

Georgie Burgess

Standard Member
Reaction score
Should I be looking at purchasing some kind of rubber feet for the bookshelf speakers I intend to purchase soon? I haven't got room for speaker stands. I intend on purchasing B&W 685's to sit on bookshelves and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's to sit on a large desk. Should I be looking at something like these Isonodes?

Should I be looking at purchasing some kind of rubber feet for the bookshelf speakers I intend to purchase soon? I haven't got room for speaker stands. I intend on purchasing B&W 685's to sit on bookshelves and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's to sit on a large desk. Should I be looking at something like these Isonodes?

I was recommended to use Blu-Tac, and it works a treat! :)

I used to use little stick on rubber feet that you can get in hardware stores. Worked very well since the rubber is quite sticky, and a very neat solution too.

Will be doing the same again myself once I upgrade to a surround sound setup, since I have realised that I already have two bookcases positioned such that speakers sitting on top will be in just the right place.

The 686's I bought recently came with the little rubber pads in the box, guess the 685's would as well, and also some big stoppers for if you use the speakers on a wall bracket to cushion them, they were both clear ones. not sure about the Diamonds though.

No point spending more money on things that you get free (unless they do a better job than the freebies!):D

Blu Tac, squash balls cut in half.... both work fine.

Out of curiosity i tested using Nordost Pulsar Points and there was a noticeable improvement... but you're talking £100 for both speakers, which isn't really economically viable on speakers such as those!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom