Bookshelf speakers isolation

Georgie Burgess

Standard Member
Should I be looking at purchasing some kind of rubber feet for the bookshelf speakers I intend to purchase soon? I haven't got room for speaker stands. I intend on purchasing B&W 685's to sit on bookshelves and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's to sit on a large desk. Should I be looking at something like these Isonodes?

tudj

Should I be looking at purchasing some kind of rubber feet for the bookshelf speakers I intend to purchase soon? I haven't got room for speaker stands. I intend on purchasing B&W 685's to sit on bookshelves and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's to sit on a large desk. Should I be looking at something like these Isonodes?

I was recommended to use Blu-Tac, and it works a treat! :)

jgrg

I used to use little stick on rubber feet that you can get in hardware stores. Worked very well since the rubber is quite sticky, and a very neat solution too.

Will be doing the same again myself once I upgrade to a surround sound setup, since I have realised that I already have two bookcases positioned such that speakers sitting on top will be in just the right place.

Lemon_Sherbert

The 686's I bought recently came with the little rubber pads in the box, guess the 685's would as well, and also some big stoppers for if you use the speakers on a wall bracket to cushion them, they were both clear ones. not sure about the Diamonds though.

No point spending more money on things that you get free (unless they do a better job than the freebies!):D

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Blu Tac, squash balls cut in half.... both work fine.

Out of curiosity i tested using Nordost Pulsar Points and there was a noticeable improvement... but you're talking £100 for both speakers, which isn't really economically viable on speakers such as those!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom