Question Bookshelf fronts to go with Q Acoustics q7000i

domelinho

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm intending to get the q7000i 5.1 package, but as I have an onkyo 7.1 receiver, I'd like to get a pair of q acoustic stand mount/bookshelf speakers to augment the setup.
Can anyone advise me whether I should go for 3000i or 2000i series speakers as fronts, rather than getting another pair of 7000lri's?
Or could a different make of fronts match up and improve the performance?
Like the sound of the 7000i package as reviews say they perform well with music as well as movies

Cheers, Dom

Hello Dom,

We'd recommend you went for a pair of Q Acoustics' 3020 model. If we say so ourselves, they're outstanding speakers and will be a good sonic match with the 7000i.

Best regards

Q Acoustics

Thanks for that.

White q7000i's look ace, think they're arriving on Saturday

Personally I would want at least the front 3 to be the same make and model. Hence I would either buy 2 more 7000i speakers or I would replace the front 3 with the 3000 series.

Thanks for that PSM1

Im going to ask the shop where I'm getting the q7000i's from to demonstrate the 3020's as left and right fronts, and then as a front 3 with the q7000i's. Getting the 7.1 in all 3000i series is a no go as the only speakers my wife finds acceptable 'looks wise' are the 7000i's.

Just buy an extra 2 7000i speakers then and have a 7.1 system of all 7000i speakers.

If your upgrading the front speakers then don't forget the centre.

You will find that when the sound passes from though the front three speakers, the tonal pitch will change to a point which will be noticeable to your ears.

The 3010's will better suit your system as the cabinet is smaller whereas the 3020 really will force you into upgrading the centre channel.

Regards, Shane.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom