Bookshelf front channels and center channel - 1000-1250£

kinga90

Standard Member
Hi there!
I'm looking to replace the front channel and center channel I currently have in my setup.
This is what I'm currently running:
-Denon avr-x3700h
-SVS SB-1000 PRO
-HiVi Swans M200 MKii (as active front channels)
-Klipsch R-52C

Unfortunately due to the current room setup, I can't go over the basic 3.1 but I have to admit I'm already enjoy this basic setup over the basic tv A LOT!

My main concern was to replace the Swans since they are active speakers and they're not really meant to be used in a home theater(as far as I know). I bought them something like 4 years ago and I was using them on my desktop workstation and I now repurposed them for home theater use.
The Klipsch center on the other hand, is just something I wanted cause I really, really loved the Klipsch aesthetic. If the new front channel speaker might require an update of the center as well, I'm up for it.
I mainly use the home theater to watch movies, then I'd put games on PS5 and music on the same level.
I'm attaching a rough drawing of the current room and tv/couch setup
Unfortunately at the moment there isn't much I can change other than the distance of the couch from the tv and the distance of the front channel(limited at the moment from the interconnect wire of the swans that limited me to 1,4m).
The opposite half of the room is taken from the covid home office so ther's nothing I can do there
1639831482867.png

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Can I ask what power source you are using?

The obvious route would be to to stay with Klipsch especially if you like the brand leaving the only other question being are you looking to replace the Swan speakers with floorstands or bookshelfs?

kinga90

Standard Member
I'm using the Denon as amplifier.
I'd ideally go with bookshelf.
In regards to the Klipsch, I'm still in the time window to return it, so, if it makes sense to have a brand match between front and center I can replace the Klipsch too.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Do you enjoy the sound Klipsch (they are extremely well received by people who own then) and which model of Denon do you own?

kinga90

Standard Member
I wrote in the first post the model of the receiver, it's a Denon avr-x3700h
I'm liking the r52c so far, but I'm wondering if sticking to this brand is worth it being it's a tad overpriced here in the uk

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Apologies, even though I read it, it didn't register :blush: You AVR can driver better speakers, but in reality, you are fighting a narrow section of the room where your speakers are going to be positioned, So with the woofer you own, I feel that the R51M and maybe add front heights R-41SA to create an immersive front end. That way, you will be using a little more of what your Denon is able to deliver

kinga90

Standard Member
would it make sense to go for the rp600m as front? when I was evaluating for new front, I was torn between the r51m and the rp600m, I know that's quite a big jump between the two.
I'm planning to move in 2022 in a new house, and if that's the case, the rp600m might be more future proof, I guess?
I'm not sure about the r-41SA for atmos since I'm renting the current place and setting them up might require too much work

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you have heard both Klipsch speakers, then the judgment is yours as personal taste is more important than anything I could offer.

Regarding the Atmos side, as you can attach these to the walls like very large picture, a single smallish raw plug with a small screw for each speaker will suffice, the only thing you really need to think about is the wiring which can be easily be made discrete with the right cabling. In going down the 3.1.2 route, you should experience some benefits which you wouldn't experience over that of just using a 3.1 solution alone

kinga90

Standard Member
Thanks for the help Shane. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can hear them first in some shop and pull the trigger!

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom