Books for NCIS fan

tomsoyer

Established Member
Reaction score
My daughter doesn't read and wants a book, she likes NCIS and said she'd like a book like that. Does anybody have any recommendations, either authors or even better a particular title, please? She's 19

I've gathered from the trailers that NCIS is some sort of US crime/detective drama but it might help if you provide a description of what it's like (serious, over the top, gritty, funny, focused on science or characters etc.) or the elements you daughter likes about it.

Anything that would put her off too, Victorian prose, thousand page novels, guns and so on.

Tom Clancy might fit, something like Rainbow Six or Clear and Present Danger. He's more focused on the big picture (international terrorism etc.) than criminals that are arrested after the coppers bash the door down and his novels are rather thick to look at but he was a good writer.

I'm sorry I've not watched it but I think it's kind of serious crime solving drama using a lot of modern technology. I think she likes the crime solving idea behind it.
I don't think she'd want anything too long.

A little gruesome in places but how about Tess Gerritson, author of RizzilI and Isles, a female buddy cop shop in the US.

I can recommend the Lincoln Rhyme series by Jeffery Deaver. The series starts with The Bone Collector and they are always a great read. The books use a lot of forensic work to solve crimes/hunt the killers, and Deaver is the master of twists and turns.

May i recommend the books by PJ Tracy starting with Want to play? I have quite enjoyed all of them, although i haven't read the last couple.

The "original CSI" series is available in paperback, she might enjoy those,; the Tess Gerritson books are also very enjoyable

The "original CSI" series is available in paperback, she might enjoy those,; the Tess Gerritson books are also very enjoyable
I looked on Amazon for CSI books before and couldn't find any but looked again and just found a load so I've ordered her Double Dealer. Thanks everyone for your input, I did look up all your suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom