• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bookmarks as Favicons

douki

Prominent Member
I want bookmarks on my home screen to appear as the website favicon and NOT the ugly red flag which sometimes has the favicon in the middle and much smaller.

I'm trying to create a home screen that's filled with mobile websites that I go to regularly, sometimes I can get the favicon to appear but most of the time I don't. Ones I've got to appear are: Engadget, IMDb, Youtube, BBC iPlayer, BBC, BBC Weather, Google Reader, Wikipedia, Flickr. There's a few more I'd like such as The Guardian, Amazon, Ebay, Facebook... etc.

I've tried searching for an answer but not getting anywhere. At the moment I think it has to do with the way the website has been coded but when I got the IMDb favicon I tried a couple of times beforehand and I was getting the flag, so there doesn't seem to be any logic to it.

Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom