Booking holiday for late April, cheapest deals now or after xmas?

jasonf01

Hi,

As per title, would it be better to buy a holiday now (when in theory the customer pickings are slim, being christmas and all) or between Christmas and new year, or in the new year?

Anyone got any advice?

Jas.

Badger0-0

I've personally found that booking around two weeks before you want to go is cheapest, but that obviously doesn't suit many people.

Your situation is a tough one to call, as I'm not that convinced there would be much difference either way.
While I tend to agree with your reasons for doing it now, I could counter them by saying people are generally skint after Xmas/New year, so it might be better to wait.

jasonf01

Yep, thats the other school of thought. Ive decided to wait but keep an eye on the market just in case something comes up thats too good to pass.

Thanks for the input.

Jas.

Badger0-0

Yep, thats the other school of thought. Ive decided to wait but keep an eye on the market just in case something comes up thats too good to pass.

Thanks for the input.

Jas.

If you're after a budget holiday, try cheapholidays.com

I've found them to be very good :smashin:

I could have had a week in Tenerife over Xmas for £335 for two.
But the missus wanted a dog, so we can't go :thumbsdow

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I could have had a week in Tenerife over Xmas for £335 for two.
But the missus wanted a dog, so we can't go :thumbsdow

A dog is for life though, not just for Christmas:D:smashin:

Badger0-0

A dog is for life though, not just for Christmas:D:smashin:

Very true :)

I should have explained better.
We already have the dog, but couldn't get anyone to look after him this time (we've already had 3 hols this year :eek: :D) and dog kennels are just a no-no. I couldn't do that to him.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom