Book shelf speakers for kitchen

Garry123

Moving house soon, so looking to get a couple of book shelf speakers for the kitchen. They will be running off my Emotiva amp so 300W per channel. The speakers cable will be approximately a 10m run.

I was thinking of some B&W 6 or 7 series.

Any recommendations?

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Little bit big? I'd just get smaller speakers like Diamond 9.0. Plus kitchens are very reflective so I'd go for a speaker brand that isn't aggressive like B&W.

With increased moisture in kitchen I'd look at outdoor speakers tbh.

Personally I'd just use a T-amp, you could then mount it under the head high wall cupboards for direct volume control that is at hand.

Last edited:

Garry123

Thanks for the reply. I should have said it is a kitchen/diner/family room. 6.5m x 6.5m in an L shape.

Volume etc would be controlled via a mobile phone or harmony. Spotify direct to the processor.

I'll have a look at the diamonds. I'm partial to b&w as I have their speakers already, but floor standers. I suppose I can wait until I move in hook them up and see how it sounds and go from there.

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
Have you looked at something special such as the DALI Menuet SE?

They come in this wild walnut colour only (as a special edition).
The normal Menuet comes in Gloss White / Black / Walbut / Rosso.

They take some driving but with 300w per channel at your disposal, you won't be worried about that at all!

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member

They take some driving but with 300w per channel at your disposal, you won't be worried about that at all!
Hey why not these?

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
Hey why not these?

?

The guy has asked for some recommendations. I've given him a couple of options of some great speakers that are compact in size and high in build quality/performance.

Tend to find a lot of people wanting a smaller, second system but want performance go for something like the above. The 705 / 707 are up there in value - appropriate to my suggestion.

He's not set a budget, so the Diablo's may be for him (if you can find any stock!).

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
?

The guy has asked for some recommendations. I've given him a couple of options of some great speakers that are compact in size and high in build quality/performance.

Tend to find a lot of people wanting a smaller, second system but want performance go for something like the above. The 705 / 707 are up there in value - appropriate to my suggestion.

He's not set a budget, so the Diablo's may be for him (if you can find any stock!).

£1500 standmount for kitchen is absurd.

Go for something like this

Garry123

Thanks I'll have a look.

Garry123

?

Lol, how much? My whole system did not cost that much. 14k crazy money.

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom