1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boo Hoo, more dust .

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fallwood, Mar 20, 2005.

1. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all, just getting my replaced 700 run in and the dreaded dust has started to appear already (30hrs), strange thing is its in exactly the same pattern as it was before apart from one huuuge blob at the top left. 1/4 in from the right side is showing faint brown marking in the same pattern as in the pics I posted before. Just gonna take it apart tomorrow and give it a good blow, not seen many posts about 700 dust on here, guess im hogging it all LOL. ps the pics are from my last pj but it looks practicaly identical on this one.

Attached Files:

2. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Got a call from panny uk today regarding the unit I returned, turns out it wasnt just dust it was heat damage to the red lcd panel as well (explains why the brown marrks are in the same place on the new unit). They are sending an engineer out to have a look at where my pj is mounted as they are concerned that a machine with such low hours suffered from this problem (guess the new ones f***ed as well), apparently there was no sign of overheating as they said this would show up in the service menu. Expecting the engineer sometime next week so ill let you all know what he says about my install.