Bonkers 42" install

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
Right thought i would post some piccies of this, A mate of mine is an installer for a hi-end dealer, and decided he wanted a new telly to go with the 50" RPTV in his "family room" the PJ and 7ft screen in his "Lounge" so what to put in the kitchen???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well a TH-42PWD6BX was the order of the day! :eek:
(Please note he is not loaded! infact he has 4 small kids all under 9 all girls and is a single parent!!!!! Also very careful with his money Doesnt drink smoke or go out with out the kids............)
So here are the pics......................
The wall bracket is the £69 unit from RS100 and very good for the money, (doesnt include spacers tho!)
the speakers are rears from a panny RPTV I think being used while he sources some Ceiling speakers.........and the source gear in a cupboard...............will post pictures when it is fully finished but i think its awsome and proves what can be done!

OH boy Oh Boy Oh Boy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Attachments

• RS100a.jpg
    RS100a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 626
  • RS100a (1).jpg
    RS100a (1).jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 458
  • RS100a (50).jpg
    RS100a (50).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • RS100a (51).jpg
    RS100a (51).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 584
  • RS100a (3).jpg
    RS100a (3).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 899
Abu el Banat :rotfl:
Been dying to use that for ages
JS

hornydragon said:
or go out with out the kids............)

That's an easy way to save money :smashin: Must try it

He is a lucky guy ,with all that kit

4 girls , don't envy him that .If its not interesting now ,it will be in 3 or 4 years :devil: . And then there is the weddings :eek:

Look forward to seeing more pics

JS

Glad you got the line , always bring a smile to my face ,that little story.

they are all into AV (all have 28" or 32" WS sets in the bedrooms......) Not cheap stuff either... One has 32" Tosh, other have 28" Loewe and 28" Philips (all none flat but decent sets! And have VCR and DVD as well.......they understand how to use them and the RPTV setup (sony kit, 7.1 celestions)!!!!!!!

porky1 said:
umm, but what i like is the ironing board how much was that :smashin:

Him being an installer for a high end dealer , I thought it was some sort of fancy bracket :D
The wife says I dont know what an Iron looks like , how would I know what an ironing board is :rotfl:

Did you post the reply from the forum or the email ;) we have move on to the ironing board now Horny :D

when I said
fancy bracket
I should have said fancy speaker bracket :eek:
John

hornydragon said:
I now i get it LOL

Well done HD :D . I've spent most of the last few days trying to work out how to put you straight , don't need to now.

(the quote from Porky in the thread , won't appear in the auto email from the forums)

Atb
John

can someone post some pics on how to fix the ironing board to the wall would hate for mine to fall off :D

I went back today is more bonkers if you belive it!!!
Kitchen system is now 5.1 with JVC 42" Yamaha 750 AMP, TEAC FM/DAB tuner, DVD, FV, VCR AND a rotel RA-01 running front and rear garden speakers!!! Rock speakers at front and BOSE 151 for back garden!!!

Attachments

• bonkers23.jpg
    bonkers23.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 454
  • bonkers24.jpg
    bonkers24.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 257
  • bonkers25.jpg
    bonkers25.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 270
So with all this what goes in bathroom???????????????????????
a TH-37PW7 thats what!!! :eek:

Wiring to be finished and a Panny tuner for ease of use will be going in too......(mainly to allow CCTV viewing from bath)

Attachments

• bonkers26.jpg
    bonkers26.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 533
in the bonkers 25 pic surely having the amp like that would cook it alive ?

So you have a 42" with 5.1 in kitchen, 42" with 7.1 in lounge, a 37" in the bathroom and you have kids!!! well they wont be happy with a 14" portable so the 7 year old girl gets a 37PF9946 philips plasma and the 9 year old has to go one better, Sanyo Z1 with 5.0 system (kids dont need subs, but she will get 7.0 later this month) 66" screen is the one Panny were giving away with the AE500/700 PJ's Morduat shorts with PJ the poor girl with philisp (has box room) just gets TV speakers.................................... :eek:

Did bother photos of the other girls room, just a 50" Sony LCD TV and crappy speakers................... the main lounge (not shown) is still under construction/refit, already has 7.1 Jamo speakers REL sub, and more electromics that you can shake a stick at!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• bonkers27.jpg
    bonkers27.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 213
  • bonkers28.jpg
    bonkers28.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 211
  • bonkers29.jpg
    bonkers29.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 350
SILVERBACK said:
in the bonkers 25 pic surely having the amp like that would cook it alive ?
Steady on i hadnt finished!!!!!
well they run OK so far not driven hard it is a kitchen!!!!!!
but with BOTH AMPS running the door is open (cupbaord is open backed too) not my kit so I'm not fussed but just shows you what you can do!!!!!

Come on guys get to it and do something more bonkers!!!!!!!!!!

I notice you don't mention him having anything installed in the downstairs toilet.

Part time AV-fan!!! :rotfl:

hornydragon said:
Please note he is not loaded

those must have been HIS internal organs i i have seen on ebay then.......
:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom