Bond Special Editions

James45

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just got six through this morning but haven't had a chance to play them yet. But first impressions are WOW!! A lot of care seems to have been taken with these discs to make everything fit in with the individual films for example each has especially designed and themed menus.

They are also packed with extras when you consider that many of them are quite old films, the majority seem to have two seperate commentary track, documentaries, trailers and interviews. All this for £8.49 a disc!! Just hope the picture and sound are as impressive as the presentation and extras.

where did you buy them from

from pete

cause its from play and some they have custom charges on dvd over £18.99

cause it is a region 2 uk and not region 1

might they still charge you custom duty

from pete

reg 2 are shipped from within the uk, you will not be charged customs thats only for imported goods. Even some Reg 1 products are shipped from within the UK which also avoids customs charges.

As for the Bonds got them from Play, very impressed with the effort that's gone into the discs. Only watched From Russia with Love so far (pictures ok considering the films 40 years old, sounds impressive as well, also features 30 mins documentary) and a bit of Tommorrow Never Dies (very good picture, excellent sound). They are feature packed and impressive looking. Very happy with my purchase.

thanks james for the help

did they send it recorded delivery or parcel post and was it packaged well, don't really want to spend all that money to have the box damage in the post...

how long did it take to come through

still waiting on my die hard box set that was posted from play on monday

now i have to get shot of my 19 james bond vids how much do you think i should sell them for...

from pete

- I only bought six not the full tin set

- they were individually posted in the standard play jiffy bags, never had anything sent from play that has arrived damaged

- play stuff doesn't usually take more than 2-4 days, I've never had to wait longer.

- Doubt you'll get more than £2 a tape but it depends on who you're selling them to. I've started giving my vids to friends.

The tin comes in a box labelled 'UK import VAT paid'. However, mine had a dinged corner on it, and each disc had made it's own littel dent in teh base. I'm not overly bothered though as it's not limited edition or anything like that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom