Bond on blu ray??

It was announced that releases would return in 2012 although it was unclear whether the new Bond film in November would mark the start or completion of the releases.

The UK has to play catchup too.
Licence to Kill and Golden Gun did come out over 2 years ago in the US (region locked) and parts of Europe (region B) so why the UK missed out on those last 2 is unknown.
But you can still get them online

My guess is that the releases will begin again a few months before the movie comes to the cinema in order to build up the Bond momentum again.
Hopefully the first releases will be the ones we don't already have

Last edited:

nwgarratt

They have a habit of restarting the series from the start when the next films comes out. No doubt they will change the design of the covers and slips so they don't match the old releases.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
It wouldn't surprise if the new artwork is awful and causes a bigger stir than the fact all the Bonds will, at last, be available on BD.

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
I cannot wait until Goldeneye is released on blu!

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Count me as another looking forward to Goldeneye, I just hope that they've fixed the framing which was inexplicably zoomed in (same goes for TSWLM, which also had some harsh edge enhancement on DVD).

nw's right, the design of the cases will undoubtedly be changed so that OCD collector types will HAVE to buy the lot again. I think I'll be able to hold out, especially if the designs are similar to the nasty re-release art from a couple of years ago.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
...and The Spy Who Loved Me for me. :)

And me! The best Roger Moore entry along with Live and Let Die of course!

I only really care about a few bonds though but still havent bought any of the older ones on blu yet.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
I'm waiting for all the remaining pre-Brosnan bonds but if they released The Spy Who Loved and Licence to Kill I'd be happy.

HugoFJH

You Only Live Twice and Never Say Never Again for me.

Bri

Never Say Never IS out on BR - albeit not Region B :)

(and of course not an official bond either lol)

Spy who loved Me is one of my faves, but I wont be happy until they are all out lol

Last edited:
You Only Live Twice and Never Say Never Again for me.

Bri

I got NSNA on Blu a couple of years ago and unfortunately HD does not improve the climax from the yawnfest its always been.
They really had to work hard to make the ending more dull than the original Bond film it was a remake of - Thunderball

I'm waiting for all the remaining pre-Brosnan bonds but if they released The Spy Who Loved and Licence to Kill I'd be happy.

Licence to Kill was released a couple of years ago .
I know the US one is locked but wasn't there a Euro release too ?

Last edited:

brian s

Distinguished Member
Never Say Never IS out on BR - albeit not Region B :)

(and of course not an official bond either lol)

I got NSNA on Blu a couple of years ago and unfortunately HD does not improve the climax from the yawnfest its always been.
They really had to work hard to make the ending more dull than the original Bond film it was a remake of - Thunderball

I loved NSNA (official or not ) and Thunderball. Come on NSNA had Connery back in the role and he looked so much better than Moore did at that time. I much preferred Thunderball to it's remake but NSNA was still a damn good film.

cheekydog1 what did you think of NSNA as a Blu? The Laserdisc and DVD were both terrible on the sound quality.

Bri

Hooligaani

Licence to Kill and Man with Golden Gun came out in France.

They also came out in Germany and Scandinavia, the disc artwork (for the scando release at least) is totally in in English and is in the same style as the other Bonds for both films. Obviously these were pressed for the EU/GB market but never got out in the UK for some reason.

They were released without slipcovers though :mad:

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
I know LTK and MWTGG are available in other countries/regions but I want ''to keep the british end up'. Buying a foreign Bond disc just doesn't seem right to me.

PoochJD

Hi,

I definitely want individual UK releases of "Licence To Kill", "GoldenEye", "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", and "Live And Let Die". :)

However, if The Powers That Be decide to release all of the films all over again, in new packaging, then I'd happily buy the lot on Blu-Ray, providing that they contain all of the content from the DVD Ultimate Editions, and the whole set comes to less than £120.

Pooch

nwgarratt

Less than £120 for 22 films is going to be long time.

No idea if they have the content of the DVD UE's. I went from the SE's to the Blu's.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
SVS launches 1000 Pro Series subwoofers