• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bond Games & The 360

RidleyDeckard

With Sony now owning MGM and the Bond franchise, do you thing Sony might consider making any future Bond games PS3 only, or do you think they'll take a any sale is a good sale attitude?

Praxidike

Banned
I don't think they sell that amazingly well to make it an exclusive like Gran Turismo or Halo, so they'd make more by selling to other consoles I would imagine - they're not games that sell consoles.

Praxidike

Banned
Goldeneye on the N64 is an exception, I bought an N64 just to play that :)
Ah, yeah... me too! But since then, Bond games (and films, apart from Royale, although I haven't seen it yet) are just not worth bothering with, it's the same stuff over and over, and nothing that distinguishes itself from other games that do it better.

Markoos

Activision currently own the rights to the games, Sony only have rights to the films. As such if there are any forthcoming Bond titles then we'll almost certainly see them on the 360.

D

Deleted member 92943

That's right

Thankfully, EA sold the rights to Activision last year. :D They have 2 year multi platform deal still in place and after those 2 yesrs if Activision wanted to they can allow the Bond games to be exclusive to a certain platform

Although they Bond games have never been that good (cos EA made them) they do sell well over the christmas periods like Need for Speed.

I am sure Activison will take the deal seriously (they did pay $150 million for the lisence:eek: ) and produce some games that are worthy of playing unlike EA who will sell any old crap

Praxidike

Banned
unlike EA who will sell any old crap
How does that keep happening? It was about 3 months since the last Need for Speed they gave us another, completely identical game.... and yet they always seem to sell quite well. :confused:

Same with Burnout, just not as often, although that is occasionally fun, but they've overdone it now.

Every game they produce seems to be a sequel of some sort, and offers nothing new. So confusing. And disappointing.

D

Deleted member 92943

It seems like they build a core game and have that on sale for Christmas which sells well but 1 year later they have the sequal out. Instead of makeing a whole new game they add and tweak the last version which probably only takes them several months, sell it as a new game with a £50 price tag slapped on it

I don't buy EA games anymore as i do find them so dire. Godfather was the last straw for me :thumbsdow

Praxidike

Banned
It seems like they build a core game and have that on sale for Christmas which sells well but 1 year later they have the sequal out. Instead of makeing a whole new game they add and tweak the last version which probably only takes them several months, sell it as a new game with a £50 price tag slapped on it

I don't buy EA games anymore as i do find them so dire. Godfather was the last straw for me :thumbsdow
At least Godfather was something half original from them, as in not a sequel...... but, yeah, it was rubbish, shows how well EA make games now. :( I used to think they were quite good too.

Markoos

In all fairness to EA (and I don't say that lightly), Tiger Woods 07 is one of the best sports games I've ever played. Generally speaking, they do suck however.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
How does that keep happening?
Every game they produce seems to be a sequel of some sort, and offers nothing new. So confusing. And disappointing.

People keep buying it, they keep making em. Take BF2 they Changed a bunch of textures added some new weapons and game mode then slapped a 49.99 price sticker on it despite the fact it was essentially a mod (a broken mod at that).

Its the the EA way

EA, Excrete Again

If more people did that, then we wouldnt have to deal with thier :censored:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom