Bond films picture quality

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by JEFF62, Feb 13, 2009.

1. JEFF62

JEFF62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    So far i have watched three of the Bond films in HD on Sky. I thought Man with the golden gun had the best PQ. Diamonds Are Forever didnt seem much better than dvd quality at first but seemed to improve later. Goldfinger was quite good PQ. So how about the other films? which ones are good PQ and which not so good. Also in the case of Dr No, From Russia With Love, Thunderball and Live And Let Die how does the PQ compare with the Blu ray versions?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Goldfinger has been the worse PQ by far, no sign of it being the restored version. Once again we see how varied viewers perceptions can be with HD:)
    I thought Dr No and Russia were very nice and were the restored versions but so far do not own any of the Blu-ray releases, intending to wait for a boxset.

3. Coffin

Coffin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,184
    Not to double up on posts, but yes indeed I've seen Dr. No, From Russia and Goldfinger this week, the latter easily being the worst PQ so far as some predicted.

4. Martin J.

Martin J.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    I have this box set: James Bond Blu-Ray Collection Vol.1 and the quality is quite variable. I was most underwhelmed by For Your Eyes Only, and the opening is so out of sync that I thought I was watching Sky by accident. ;)

If I get a chance over the weekend, I'll try to compare the discs with the Sky broadcasts.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Yes I do hate the "vol 1" rigmarole, I suppose there are enough movies to justify a staggered release so it's not like BBC/ITV short run shows that are released over two volumes or US shows in 2 or more volumes:)