Bond DVD question....

A

andy76

Can someone tell me which Bond film is NOT available seperately??
According to Amazon the box set has 19 movies - which is correct as the new one is the 20th.

However the buy one get one free offers only have 18 films available!!

Thanks
Andrew

The living daylights is the missing one

Hi,

Sorry, but Geezer is wrong. I have seen "The Living Daylights" available in the BOGOF sale at both HMV and Woolworths.

Pooch

Pooch if you're right then snap them up and sell them here. I can't find 'The Living Daylights' anywhere, and MVC have it listed as deleted on their systems. They have 'Licence to Kill', which I got, but I have found nowhere with the other Dalton movie yet. It's the only one I am missing...

PS. Just checked my local Woolworths and they don't have it, nor do they have it in the Bond section on their website - it's the only one missing. Same for HMV website, and Play...

Thanks.
I also agree that the 'missing' one was The Living Daylights.
Process of elimination of the others I could find or remember(!) plus play.com still only have it listed as availability TBA and is not listed in their BOGOF deal.

Will now have to buy the box set as it is the later Bonds I particularly like.

Andrew

Yeah, I bought the box set which is as cheap as using the BOGOF offer (£8 a disc) and you even get space in the box for DAD when it is released (if you take out the teaser trailer disc). Not really a big fan of the earlier ones but just felt I should have it in my collection. I'll give my indibidual ones as Xmas presents as I've never watched any of them anyway.:D

www.mx2.com are advertising The Living Daylights for £6.99 - whether they actually have it or not I don't know.

Well am i wrong or not, anyone know?

I havent seen it anywhere.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I managed to pick up The Living Daylights for £8.49 from Play.com (it's actually out of stock, but on order), but now when I look back at it, it's the only one that's not listed as a BOGOF.

It was when I ordered it, but now it's not! Why?!

(I prefer the earlier ones, but it's a big enough world).

Hi,

Okay. It looks like I owe all of you a BIG apology, and I should be forced to eat a giant slice of Humble Pie immediately! :blush: I made an error.

"The Living Daylights" is definitely NOT available at the moment separately, and it probably won't be for the forseeable future.

What I saw in HMV and Woolworths was "Licence To Kill". Oops! :rolleyes: That'll teach me to post something without double-checking.

When I spoke to a staff member of my local HMV this morning, he said that there was a legal problem over the "rights and ownership" to this particular Bond film, in the UK. Other territories do NOT appear to be affected, only the UK for some odd reason. He was also unable to tell me how the Tin Boxed Set does include the film. He presumed that it was probably down to remaining UK stock from the previous UK Region 2 release of this title, and that said remaining stock was used to compile the Tin Editions for the UK.

As such, it looks like people will need to import to get Bond uncut and complete, if they want this particular title, unless they get one of the various Sets that are being released here, in the USA, and in other territories across Europe and Australia/New Zealand.

Apologies once again for the error! ;)

Pooch

I have checked the MGM website, and as Pooch mentions this is listed under 'coming soon' as a Region 1 release, so I'll be buying that one when it is available.

Originally posted by CarlB
I have checked the MGM website, and as Pooch mentions this is listed under 'coming soon' as a Region 1 release, so I'll be buying that one when it is available.

As stated above - amazon are shipping it already.

it says: Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days

Yeah, but the cheapest disc they have there is $49.47, and I'm not paying that for a Bond film I don't even like that much (but need to complete my collection).

I'll wait for the official re-release.

Taken fron R2-Project:

We've got a very short statement from MGM concerning "The Living Daylights" on DVD. Sadly it's not very illuminating but given the nature of the problem( Legal) then maybe they are obliged to keep quiet !

---

MGM Home Entertainment has announced that due to an unanticipated legal reason the Bond film, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, will not be available as part of its 2002 BUY BOND GET BOND FREE promotion on Special Edition DVD and VHS until further notice.

MGM's DVD Box Set is unaffected and contains all 19 Bond films.

The BUY BOND GET BOND FREE promotion on Special Edition DVD launches on 4 November 2002. Purchasers can buy one Bond Special Edition DVD for £19.99 (RRP) and receive another Bond DVD of their choice for free. The offer also applies to the VHS collection at £9.99 (RRP).

---

So reading that statement it looks like the only way to get the disk is to buy the box set.

I will be buying the bond boxset - looks a good deal to me for all 19 films in a nice shiny tin.

Looks like I'll have to take a week off to watch them though ;) .

Anyone wanting 'The World Is Not Enough' can have it for a fiver - look in the for sale section.

...Good job I bought them all when they first came out.

Have all 20 so far. Just waiting for D.A.D.

Its a pity N.S.N.A wasn't official as it spoils the look ;)

I have spoken to MGM about this film and it will be available at the end of this year or beginning of next.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom