Bon Jovi - (You Want To) Make A Memory

h0l1yw0od

So after a sadly very disappointing last album and not so good previous album, it finally looks like Bon Jovi might be leaving the more poppy charty sounds they've been putting out.

Their new single has been put out online (http://music.islanddefjam.com/www2/av_player/AVPlayer.php?av_asset_id=11778&cms_site_id=0&av_type_id=1) and i gotta tell ya, i like. I like it a lot.

After releasing essentially the same song 3 times with It's My Life, Everyday & Have A Nice Day they've finally taken a different turn with the first single off the new album. I hope the rest of the album follows suit.

What do people think? (keep it constructive, i can get Jovi trashtalking from my pals! :rotfl: )

mjn

Distinguished Member
I'm afraid.....its utter rubbish.

MarkE19

I listened to the single yesturday and can't say I'm overly impressed. But as you say it does look as if it will be an improvement on their last couple of albums. They need to go back to what they were doing on Slippery & New Jersey - they were 2 great albums IMO. Perhaps it will grow on me with a few more listens.

They were origionally going to be the first band to play the new Wembley Stadium (was there when they played the last ever gig in the old stadium) but due to all the delays in the building they had to move to the MK Bowl. But it now looks like they will be the first to play the O2 arena (what was the Millenium Dome) in June - and it will be their only 2007 UK gig.

Mark.

h0l1yw0od

Yeah Slippery is obviously a classic but i thin New Jersey gets looked over alot because of it. I really like These Days too and wish they'd carried on in that direction afterward but i guess it wasn't meant to be.

I knew about the Wembley gig and Jon was on Wossy and seemed really P'ed off about having to play the MK bowl instead :rotfl:. Metallica have the honour of opening Wembley now. Was hoping to go to that but it ain't happening.

SanPedro

So after a sadly very disappointing last album and not so good previous album, it finally looks like Bon Jovi might be leaving the more poppy charty sounds they've been putting out.

Their new single has been put out online (http://music.islanddefjam.com/www2/av_player/AVPlayer.php?av_asset_id=11778&cms_site_id=0&av_type_id=1) and i gotta tell ya, i like. I like it a lot.

After releasing essentially the same song 3 times with It's My Life, Everyday & Have A Nice Day they've finally taken a different turn with the first single off the new album. I hope the rest of the album follows suit.

What do people think? (keep it constructive, i can get Jovi trashtalking from my pals! :rotfl: )
Totally the opposite view mate. I really liked 'Have a nice day' and thought it was chock full of hits.

This though... seems a bit muted. A bit flat. Maybe a bit more airplay will improve, but I don't see this as a big hit.

I know what you mean about Jovi trashtalking though. They are my guilty secret (ooops... there... I've said it... I like Bon Jovi) ;)

Did you see them last year? Saw them at Manchester. Excellent gig.

h0l1yw0od

I just couldn't get into HAND. It did have a catchy theme tune but It's My Life was better. The original Last Man Standing (in the box set) was better then the rockier version. I think my favourite track was Unbreakable and that was a bonus track that wasn't on my version. :D

I like the fact that this is more of a 'muted' track, i'm hoping that it means Lost Highway will be more like These days then HAND.

No i haven't seen them since Hyde Park back in 2005. Great show. Didn't really need a ticket, you could just sit in the park and listen to them play :rotfl:.

Simon6776

I like Bon Jovi doing what Bon Jovi do best, and that's catchy pop / rock songs. The new single is certainly brave and different, especially as a trailer for a new album, but in my opinion, it plods along for 4 minutes, doesn't seem to go anywhere, and is actually rather dull. I have heard some other tracks from the new album, and they seem a bit more lively. The track Lost Highway is a good pop rocker, and I hope, a promise of the main thread of the album, but even this track seems to be lacking the punch of HAND.

I liked HAND, and thought it was probably their best, most complete album for years. Both Crush and Bounce had some good tracks, but both also contained a lot of fillers. It's unusual for most bands these days to produce two good albums consecutively. The tracks I have heard from Lost Highway so far haven't filled me with excitement, but I live in hope of a good quality product from this enduring band.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom