Bolt released first on Blu ray, DVD later!

The Disney company really like Blu-Ray.

John Lassater who's the new boss of Disney Pixar Home Entertainment is a very strong supporter and loves the format himself so i think that goes someway to the format Push

Hate to say it but Disney want people to buy their movies over and over. Beauty and the Beast is apparently being scheduled for a Blu-Ray release and will be pushed like mad however, they are just starting to re-produce the whole film in 3D which will be another release in about 3 years or so.

Regarding Bolt, i haven't seen it yet and i may have to rent/ borrow it before buying because Disney Computer Animation films tend to be really hit and miss if they're not made by Pixar and Bolt is one

It looks like a first step to make Blu-ray the lead format.

This movie may not be Pixar made, but its a great movie with a good story and superb animation. Disney are starting to take a leaf out of Pixars book.

This movie may not be Pixar made, but its a great movie with a good story and superb animation. Disney are starting to take a leaf out of Pixars book.

I think with Lassiter being head of Animation at Disney the quality of DIsney's releases will head in the right direction.

I think with Lassiter being head of Animation at Disney the quality of DIsney's releases will head in the right direction.

I hope that's the case as even Disney admitted that their previous attempts of Computer Animation like 'meet the Robinson's' and 'chicken little' haven't done too well for them

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that's the case as even Disney admitted that their previous attempts of at Computer Animation like 'meet the Robinson's' and 'chicken little' haven't done too sell for them

I haven't seen 'Chicken Little' but I thought 'Meet The Robinsons' was a pretty good film that really captured the spirit of Walt Disney's 'Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow' philosophy. Granted, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the early 90s golden age Disney films and, at times, it tried too hard to be like Pixar, but it was definitely a big step in the right direction.

Well, I loved 'Chicken Little' as well and is absolutely amazing on blu ray.
Great picture and sound and, I thought, good story as well.

Not wishing to spoil the party, but what a complete waste of time.

Firstly, who's ever heard of Bolt? Okay, I exaggerate a little, but it's hardly the sort of eagerly anticipated release you'd have thought they might use for this sort of experiment.

Secondly, it's only 2 days earlier. What's that going to tell anyone.

Now if Quantum of Solace was advertised on the TV, at the cinema and in the press as arriving on Blu-ray Disc 2 weeks earlier than the DVD, now that could make a splash.

Steve W

Not wishing to spoil the party, but what a complete waste of time.

Firstly, who's ever heard of Bolt? Okay, I exaggerate a little, but it's hardly the sort of eagerly anticipated release you'd have thought they might use for this sort of experiment.

Secondly, it's only 2 days earlier. What's that going to tell anyone.

Now if Quantum of Solace was advertised on the TV, at the cinema and in the press as arriving on Blu-ray Disc 2 weeks earlier than the DVD, now that could make a splash.

Steve W

Agreed BUT this is just the start and you might be surprised at who has heard of Bolt, especially if you have children, it's all mine have been talking about for the past month!

Also the point is they are doing a release before the DVD that is a big deal even if it is only 2 days. I just think this is the shape of things to come and when you have a company like Disney doing it, it's only a matter of time before other companies follow suit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom