Bolt- a legend

cabanatuan

Ex Member
Reaction score
What can i say, this man is a legend. fantastic athlete and a fantastic lad it seems.

well done!

Usain-Bolt-wins-011.jpg

It was amazing to be honest.

If only he could get a good start though, imagine what the time would be? Under 9.5 i reckon.

The power he shows the 60-40m is just stunning to watch..

It's a shame he deliberately slows down towards the end!

What time exactly is the mens 200m final please?

I see the 'athletics' start at 18:20pm on the BBC website but can't work out the time of the 200m itself? It's either confusing or I'm stupid...! :D

Thanks Iccz

On the Beeb website it says:

"The final takes place tomorrow at 2120 BST and Jamaica's absence means there's no chance of Usain Bolt competing for four gold medals." - that's in reference to the relay (Jamaica didn't finish)

However, 'no chance of Usain Bolt competing for four gold medals' - what's the other 3? The 100m, 200m, relay and ?

I'm confused

"The final takes place tomorrow at 2120 BST and Jamaica's absence means there's no chance of Usain Bolt competing for four gold medals." - that's in reference to the relay (Jamaica didn't finish)

However, 'no chance of Usain Bolt competing for four gold medals' - what's the other 3? The 100m, 200m, relay and ?

I'm confused

Bolt is only in 3 events, as you say:

100m
200m
4x 100m Relay

I guess they imply he would have been in the 4x 400?

Edit: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/09/london-2012-olympics-rudisha-usain-bolt

I never realised he was going to be in the 4x 400m, I thought he dropped that after the juniors and didn't enjoy it as much as the 100 and 200... shame, that could have been interesting to see. I wonder how close to Michael Johnson's record he'd get if he were to do the 400 properly.

I never realised he was going to be in the 4x 400m, I thought he dropped that after the juniors and didn't enjoy it as much as the 100 and 200... shame, that could have been interesting to see. I wonder how close to Michael Johnson's record he'd get if he were to do the 400 properly.

I read that Bolt actually started out as a 800m runner.

Phil

I read that Bolt actually started out as a 800m runner.

Phil

Never heard that one, I know he was a 400 and 200 runner as that's what he competed at in all the juniors, then a little later in the juniors started the 100 as well.

Was the 800 a pre-competitive thing do you know? I can't find anything on it.

Never heard that one, I know he was a 400 and 200 runner as that's what he competed at in all the juniors, then a little later in the juniors started the 100 as well.

Was the 800 a pre-competitive thing do you know? I can't find anything on it.

Sorry, I was confused. No you're right, it was 400m.

Phil

Just had a cheeky tenner on the winning time to be under 19 seconds @15/2!

Well done Blake pushed him hard

Brilliant. Love the way they have fun afterward as well.

Tonight is the only night I wish I had persevered for a ticket.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom