• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Bollywood channels on Freeview

thedotlal

Hope not ..can't stand em.

Nobody said you have to watch them.

I'm not exactly a fan either but I'm sure that the fact that the Bollywood industry is worth billions would suggest that there is a large enough audience to warrant a channel or two.

MarkE19

The probelm with Freeview is that it has a very limited bandwidth and therefore limited number of channels. So adding the likes of a Bollywood channel would mean taking another channel off air to make room for it, which I can't see happening unless the removed channel went out of buisness and Bollywood put the best offer in for taking it over. Although I am no fan of Bollywood I do think it would be an improvement on some of the shopping type channels, but would it get big enough audiences to make money from advertising?

Mark.

jaipal2004

This thread is about the digital terrestrial service Freeview.
It has nothing to do with Sky or Virgin media.

Mentioning something generally doesn't mean I'm making the thread about them!

I was saying that before they even consider freeview they should sort out their signal quality on their current media!!

tqd12

Oh please no bollywood channels. If people want those I highly recommend Freesat or moving to Sky. Most of the "World" section is hijacked by them.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom