Bold Keyboard Fault

WelshRob

Standard Member
:( Hi hope someone can help. I have my bold password protected so that to come out of lock I have to enter a password.

For some reason, the "A" key goes through periods of not working, and as my password contains an "a" I cannot enter the password! Then, after a varying amount of time, the key starts working again! I am aware that the "A" key if held down acts as an auto lock and I am wondering if this is relevant to my problem.

The problem always happens when I have had my Bold in my pocket and possibly a key has been pressed thereby bringing up the password entry box...is it possible constant pressing in my pocket could be locking up the Bold somehow?

I have had the problem for the last 5 days, and have tried battery pulls and upgrading firmware, and it still does it...its fine if it isnt locked - but I need the lock to protect the handset!

I have figured the only option open to me is to reset the password by entering an incorrect password 10 times - I have a backup I can restore so although not ideal I guess it is my only option? PROBLEM - the handset asks me to enter "blackberry" as the code and of course the "A" key doesnt work!! It doesnt seem to count 10 attempts so I am still stuck!

Any ideas pleeeaasse?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom