Bold 9900 turns itself off after a few minutes.

deadman2012

Novice Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem where the Blackberry 9900 turns itself off after a few minutes of turning it on (i.e screen just goes black, keypad/touchscreen is unresponsive), and the only way to keep the phone from doing this is to keep the WiFi or bluetooth switched on, or the phone connected to USB.

Has anybody had any luck finding a fix?

That sounds pretty poorly. When you restart it or otherwise get it back to life, does it show much battery life left? It could simply be a dead battery.

If not, other than a full software reset (re-loading the OS from scratch, Google for instructions), I'd start looking at claiming under warranty if it's still under cover.

Its not a battery issue as i have 3 working batteries. I don't know whether its a software issue or a hardware issue, although ive tried updating and downgrading many times.

So you've ruled out battery and software, leaving just hardware.

I hope it ain't a hardware problem, it hasn't been dropped or water damaged, not that i know of!

Dunno if it's a software problem that i'm not aware of.

i had a similar problem with my 9360 when i had a certain data on it would just reset its self! i fixed mine by going to my network settings and changing it from 2g/3g to just 3g and it never did it again

:thumbsup:
Ok. here is what worked for me.
Had the same switch off issue with the blackberry 9900 phone which got progressively worse to the point that the phone would switch off after every 30 seconds or so. Had to do a battery pull every time to restart and the same thing would happen again.
Changed the battery and tried all versions of firmware. Removed all apps.etc and nothing helped. Strangely though if it was connected to a P.C. it would stay on.

Anyway....I was about to trash the phone until I found the solution.
Simply switch the phone on and immediately switch on the wifi on the phone. I have heard some people say that switching on the blue tooth worked for them.
Touch wood the phone has been fine since. I can live with the fact that the battery life is a little less because of the wifi being switched on....Hope this helps someone else...

hey garyjwilson, thank you. it worked.. tel me more about it.. How can I fix that problem forever?? That wifi thing really worked..

Hi,

Glad to here it worked for you also.... till searching for a solution myself.......If you find one first one please post it on here for the benefit of everyone.....

what I did was turn off the Bluetooth and switch on wifi, and my phone hasn't turned its self off so far... hope this helps...

can anyone help me my blackberry bold 9900 froze and the screen went white and I couldn't do anything with it, the next morning all my data including pics, videos, contacts and messages etc everything gone :-( ??
any ideas.

Hey guys, I've also had this problem and done everything about turning wifi and bluetooth off but that didn't help. So i just decided to turn on my blackberry while holding and almost pushing the battery into the blackberry. AND IT WORKED!!!

I wasn't going to hold it in all the time so i just put a piece of paper behind it and closed the back trapping the paper in between the battery and the back cover. Try it guys it may help you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom