boiling point:road to hell

B

bumble

could anyone please share an opinion on this title as i can find no reviews or demos online,most online stockists have sold out so i presume this game must be doing something right but i find it hard to believe that people have bought it purely based on previews?? i have watched the low res movies but they dont always do games justice.........if anyone has got this game pls let me know if it's worth the £30 asking price!! :lease:

I found one review ( that I can't lay my hands on again).

Unfortunately the game in principle is fantastic ....until you start noticing the bugs.
Its a totally freeform fps basically ( a bit like GTA3 in the jungle with the empahasis more on the shooting than driving). Literally sounds like Far Cry crossed with GTA3.

There is supposed to be a patch out on the 27th.

It looks great but I think I'll wait for the patch

still no firm opinions on this game,all i found was it is meant to be buggy as hell :mad: atari have indeed released a U.S patch for the game but no euro version....odd because the game isn't out till 30 may in states????? shame the title promised much but lack of support and media coverage will seal this one's fate i feel :suicide:

Amazon have it for £24.99. The customer reviews have really positive comments on said title (mild sarcasm).

As for me, I quite like it though really was not impressed at first. (I got it before anyone had reviewed it at Amazon btw.) It ran very poorly with just one gig of ram (PC2700 clocked to 374MHz) but in anticipation of BF2 and the relatively cheap price of ram at present, I upgraded with another 1 gig of the same stuff and no more problems. The rest of the hardware: 9800 XT, Athlon XP 3200+, Audigy 2. If you read the Tech Support FAQ over at Deep Shadows who developed the game, there are a vast number of bugs and many people are affected by performance issues.

There are more reliable reviews than those at Amazon and myself over at Game Rankings but generally they rate the game at 80%. It's a case of many good points spoilt by many poor ones but the game is so vast in scope, it's a case of taking the rough with the smooth if you do decide to go for it, as there is potentially a lot of reward but not without some pain. The ram is essential though.

Other reviews:

Eurogamer

Jolt

Inside Gamer

I've only played a few short hours of BP but there is much novelty that intrigues despite the features of the game that chafe, such as the poor dialogue, car handling, bugs etc. I've often wondered what Battlefield 1942 would be like if it had a little more realism in it, like running out of petrol on El Alamein or having to do mundane daily chores like sleep and do the washing up etc on games such as Max Payne. So now I know...

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
have to say its getting pretty boring now.

i installed and played through about 15 mins..utter pish imo. even graphically it looks awful, i know this dosnt ultimatly matter but its not even half of the likes of doom, farcry and HL2 so what have they been doing all this time. textures look basic at best its just a bad package imo. i wont even get started on the bugs and how badly it runs on my system. plus side is i was peeved off so i gots myself on chronicles of riddick escape butcher bay and its utterly fantastic. probably up there with the best FPS ever imo and i havnt finished it. it looks and plays amazing unless you use shader model 2.0 ++ :devil: and the story line is ace. you can tell time and energy went into this title so get it over the crap that is boiling point

cheers guys!! :thumbsup: survey says XXXX utter poop from what i gather oh well san andreas is upon us should keep me busy.......oh and kopite you have TOO much money awesome spec mind........ ;)

just to back it up i have just deleted the game from my hd,its crap..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom