Boiler queries

snerkler

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just had a new Worcestor-Bosch Greenstar (think it's the 42 off the top of my head) boiler fitted and new rads and have a couple of queries.

Firstly I've read a lot of conflicting info on the best/most economical way to use the boiler and rads. Some info say to set the boiler on max and use the TRV's to control room temp as this is more efficient, but some say that all the boiler setting does is control how quickly it warms up and so you don't want it on the full setting as it wastes more energy. However, I'm sure in the instructions it did tell you what temp the boiler was at with each setting so assuming the latter statement is wrong?

Secondly, the rad in the lounge does not get as hot as the others even when set to 5, and I have bled it. Any ideas why it's not getting as hot?

Lastly, the rad on the stairs makes quite a bit of noise when the TRV is set to 5, as though you can hear the pressure of water running through like when you turn a tap on. If I turn the TRV to 3 the noise stops but the rad doesn't get warm. The one in the main bedroom is the same, but nowhere near as noisy. I read on the internet that opening up the lockshields more will cure the problem, but when I've gone to the rads they don't have the 'traditional' lockshields on and have something similar to this with a screw in the top so I can't just pull the valve cover off and turn the valve with pliers. Can I just turn the screw to open the valve more, or is this not a type of lockshield?

R29B_zps38653a8a.jpg

Any help appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom