BOGOF on box sets at DEEP DISCOUNT DVD

Marc

Well-known Member
I felt this deserved it's own thread rather than being hidden away in the threads of obscure tv shows ;)

Deep Discount DVD, a R1 e-tailer, are offering a Buy One Get One Free deal on a selection of box sets at the moment, which you can see by following this link:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/promotion/buyAndGetFree_form.cfm?promoName=abb2g1_0806&page=0

Notable highlights:

Dawn Of The Dead: 4 Disc Ultimate Edition
Evil Dead II: Book Of The Dead
3rd Rock from the Sun S1 - S5
various 6 movie "Fright Packs"


thanks go to bigry on another forum for this find
 

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Cheer Marc, anyone used them?,

Is it free shipping and handling to the UK?, their page link does not work.


ta

rai
 

Marc

Well-known Member
i'm not sure if i've used them before...

postage is on a sliding scale
$0 - $25 $5.95
$25.01 - $50.00 $8.95
$50.01 - $100.00 $11.95
Over $100 $14.95
 

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Marc said:
i'm not sure if i've used them before...

postage is on a sliding scale
$0 - $25 $5.95
$25.01 - $50.00 $8.95
$50.01 - $100.00 $11.95
Over $100 $14.95

says free shipping on website, suppose thats in the usa only.
 

partyweb

Novice Member
raigraphixs said:
says free shipping on website, suppose thats in the usa only.
Yup, US only. I was charged $5.95 on each of my orders. But, heck they're still excellent bargains. :smashin: I got Sledge Hammer S1 & S2 and Tripping the Rift S1 & S2 all at £6 each :clap:(once shipping and BOGOFs calculated).

Don't forget they're not customs friendly so try and keep your individual orders under £18.
 

Babscabs

Novice Member
partyweb said:
Don't forget they're not customs friendly so try and keep your individual orders under £18.
D'oh just ordered Dawn of Dead Ultimate and Astro boy for $38.94 delivered :rolleyes:
 

krish

Distinguished Member
have used them quite a few times, never had any probs

with the current BOGOF I purchased Titus season 1&2 and Titus season 3 for $17.99 + $5.95 shipping (as you may have noticed on another thread) after it was pointed out by SGR2005 as much better than my originally posted bargain prices

Order Summary:
TITUS-1ST & 2ND SEASONS $ 17.99
TITUS-3RD SEASON FREE
Promotional Discount: $17.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $5.95
Your Total: $23.94 =
~£12.66

They always take off the cents on the customs label - though I've never had a .99 total item cost before, but they could still mark it as just $17
 

krish

Distinguished Member
Babscabs said:
D'oh just ordered Dawn of Dead Ultimate and Astro boy for $38.94 delivered :rolleyes:
you should be fine as items total = $29.99 = £15.84 approx
(forget about the shipping cost)
- so well under the customs limit

- unless I'm very much mistaken....? anyone..?
 

Marc

Well-known Member
i placed a couple of orders myself tonight, one for dawn of the dead/evil dead 2 for a mate who doesnt have a credit card, and one for two of those 'fright pack' sets for myself :D cheesetastic horror movies
 

SGR2005

Novice Member
krish72 said:
you should be fine as items total = $29.99 = £15.84 approx
(forget about the shipping cost)
- so well under the customs limit

- unless I'm very much mistaken....? anyone..?
I was under the impression they counted shipping in the total price.
 

gozomark

Standard Member
SGR2005 said:
I was under the impression they counted shipping in the total price.
if the value of the items excl shipping is over £18, then incl shipping in tax calculation, if under £18 then ecxl :smashin:, so you are OK
 

SGR2005

Novice Member
gozomark said:
if the value of the items excl shipping is over £18, then incl shipping in tax calculation, if under £18 then ecxl :smashin:, so you are OK
Umm...

I think DDD include shipping in total price as displayed in Krish's post above (I'm pretty sure they list it on the custom slip anyway), so to find out if you're eligible to get hit by customs, you have to factor in shipping, regardless of whether the value of the items themself are above or below the limit.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the way they list it. And if not, customs aren't adverse to factoring in shipping to your total if it's visible on the customs declaration.
 

gozomark

Standard Member
sorry, but disagree

they are supposed to put shipping on the customs slip - you only factor in shipping if the cost of the goods is over £18 - if you get charged by mistake you can claim it back !
 

krish

Distinguished Member
SGR2005 said:
Umm...

I think DDD include shipping in total price as displayed in Krish's post above (I'm pretty sure they list it on the custom slip anyway), so to find out if you're eligible to get hit by customs, you have to factor in shipping, regardless of whether the value of the items themself are above or below the limit....
They certainly haven't done so from my experience, as well as them rounding down the item price to a round figure; was just wondering if others were used to them doing that too (or have you been unfairly slapped with charges with DDD orders?)
 

SGR2005

Novice Member
krish72 said:
They certainly haven't done so from my experience, as well as them rounding down the item price to a round figure; was just wondering if others were used to them doing that too (or have you been unfairly slapped with charges with DDD orders?)
I've never been unfairly charged for customs tax, I've usually been expecting it if I have been hit.

I just always thought (and could've sworn I've read a few places too) that DDD and customs factor in the shipping.

If not though, that's perfect, as I've been meaning to get DOTD for ages. :thumbsup:
 

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Xena is awful. Unless it is extremely cheap I would steer clear of it. Some awful acting by some of the main cast and most of the extras.

Stick with your Buffy, you can't go wrong.:D
 

SGR2005

Novice Member
Is there any risk of them grouping separate orders together?

Like if I were to place two orders that were each under £18, there's no chance of them grouping and shipping them together in one package?
 

krish

Distinguished Member
SGR2005 said:
Is there any risk of them grouping separate orders together?

Like if I were to place two orders that were each under £18, there's no chance of them grouping and shipping them together in one package?
None at all... don't worry ;)

- I placed a quite few orders in one day a couple of months ago during the summer sale (each had two or three items and was within the customs limit); each received its own order number, then processed, fulfilled and shipped separately
 

SGR2005

Novice Member
krish72 said:
None at all... don't worry ;)

- I placed a quite few orders in one day a couple of months ago during the summer sale (each had two or three items and was within the customs limit); each received its own order number, then processed, fulfilled and shipped separately
Great news, thanks! :thumbsup:

I seem to recall that happening to someone, but I couldn't remember if it was DDD or somewhere else.
 

krish

Distinguished Member
krish said:
Order Summary:
TITUS-1ST & 2ND SEASONS $ 17.99
TITUS-3RD SEASON FREE
Promotional Discount: $17.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $5.95
Your Total: $23.94 =
~£12.66

They always take off the cents on the customs label - though I've never had a .99 total item cost before, but they could still mark it as just $17
This order was delivered today - factory sealed items in box with padding and anti-pilfer tape. No damage at all (despite grumpy posters on another forum complaining of damage, very likely in transit, and therefore claiming this BOGOF sale must be DDD's plan to shift damaged stock) :smashin:.

Can also confirm that despite the items coming to $17.99 in total before shipping, DDD had just written the round figure $17 as Total Value on the bottom right of their customs label :thumbsup:.
 

SGR2005

Novice Member
Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky.

My first order arrived yesterday (Grounded For Life: S1 and Evil Dead 2) and while the packaging was sealed and undamaged, the 1st disc of Grounded For Life has huge scratches in it, bad enough to cause episode 1 to freeze and episode 2 not to play at all. :mad: :thumbsdow

Anyone know how complicated/expensive the DDD returns process is?
 

Aretak

Active Member
I wasn't so lucky either. Both of my items arrived badly damaged, and both are going back.
 

DaveBB

Novice Member
Mine were a little bashed since the only packaging inside was a bit of squashed up paper.

The corners were a little squashed but nothing much to wory about.



Dave
 

Cloysterpeteuk

Well-known Member
I thought about buying Battlestar Season 1 but all these damaged sets put me off.
 

Listy

Active Member
My Evil Dead 2 BOTD outer card case was quite squashed & scraped but The Muskateers set also in the box was perfect so I can't be bothered sending it back.
 

SGR2005

Novice Member
SGR2005 said:
Anyone know how complicated/expensive the DDD returns process is?
Anyone been through the process of doing this? :lease:

I'd like to get a replacement, but the FAQs mention nothing about international replacements, it also seems they won't cover shipping costs and it has to be sent back in the parcel it came in (which has since been thrown out).

Obviously if they're not going to cover shipping, it'd render the whole thing pointless with the changes in RM shipping charges.

That may just be for general returns, not damaged stuff, but I can't see anything else about defective merchandise.
 

StevieStatic

Novice Member
SGR2005 said:
Anyone been through the process of doing this? :lease:

I'd like to get a replacement, but the FAQs mention nothing about international replacements, it also seems they won't cover shipping costs and it has to be sent back in the parcel it came in (which has since been thrown out).

Obviously if they're not going to cover shipping, it'd render the whole thing pointless with the changes in RM shipping charges.

That may just be for general returns, not damaged stuff, but I can't see anything else about defective merchandise.
I emailed them asking this, I got a short reply telling me to return the item for a replacement and they would refund the postage costs if i put the receipt from the post office in the box ?

I just told them how much it would cost in a covering letter and told them if they wanted to see the receipt i'd email them a copy, there's no way you can put a receipt in as you've got to weigh the sealed box at the post office.

It cost £6.09 to return Dawn of the Dead Ulimate Edition to them and thats not a big set so i dread to think what it would cost to send a few larger sets :eek:
 

Similar threads

Trending threads

Latest news

Samsung applies for Q-Symphony trademark for TVs and soundbars
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Hi-Fi Products 2019 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Ed Selley
  • Published
McIntosh releases DA2 Digital Audio Module Upgrade Kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky TV offers cheaper Sky Q box with updated features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio unveils its first home install loudspeaker line up
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Latest threads

Top Bottom