Bodyweight routine

KyleS1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I don't get the time to go the gym any more and looking for an all round body weight routine for at home?
Can anyone recommend a decent routine or point me in the right direction?

Can point you at a few but do you have a chin-up bar ? If not can you afford 20 quid to get one. Otherwise working lats is a little hard

Affording it is not the problem, it is where to put it!
I have tried the door frame ones and they just didnt feel safe, and was worried about damaging the walls/frames.

if you've got a strong beam - then I would recommend some gymnastic rings as they're very good for strength...but there are some good routine on the web for just using your body weight - like do a search on youtube for metafit

I do a class on a friday night...tho, it's mainly a cv workout, but is hard going (but then I do it after a 40 minute kettlercise class!)

and there is the likes of the 100 pushup challenge website - as they have other exercises like squats, dips etc - one hundred push ups - welcome

I have the Powerbar 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerbar-as...F8&qid=1365418395&sr=8-1&keywords=power+bar+2

It's solid and barely leaves a mark on the door. Nothing major anyway.
Also the JML Iron Gym is a popular one, although I prefer the Powerbar 2 as it goes higher-- the actual bar is above the height of the door frame so better for taller folks.

For Bodyweight routines, you could check out Ross Enamait's website (Rosstraining.com). I haven't used it myself but it seems to be quite popular. I do bodyweight stuff at home: pullups, one arm pushups, handstands, and various things on rings which I attach to the pullup bar (dips, rows, levers etc). I also have a kettlebell which is pretty awesome for strength and conditioning and it allows you to do some intense cardio without going anywhere or jumping on a hamster machine. I'm loving kettlebell swings and Turkish getups at the moment.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
if you've got a strong beam - then I would recommend some gymnastic rings as they're very good for strength...but there are some good routine on the web for just using your body weight - like do a search on youtube for metafit

I do a class on a friday night...tho, it's mainly a cv workout, but is hard going (but then I do it after a 40 minute kettlercise class!)

and there is the likes of the 100 pushup challenge website - as they have other exercises like squats, dips etc - one hundred push ups - welcome

Ah that looks interesting, and there is an iPhone app. I may well give that a go. I haven't too much on it as at work, but is is advisable to just do push ups?

I have the Powerbar 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerbar-as...F8&qid=1365418395&sr=8-1&keywords=power+bar+2

It's solid and barely leaves a mark on the door. Nothing major anyway.
Also the JML Iron Gym is a popular one, although I prefer the Powerbar 2 as it goes higher-- the actual bar is above the height of the door frame so better for taller folks.

For Bodyweight routines, you could check out Ross Enamait's website (Rosstraining.com). I haven't used it myself but it seems to be quite popular. I do bodyweight stuff at home: pullups, one arm pushups, handstands, and various things on rings which I attach to the pullup bar (dips, rows, levers etc). I also have a kettlebell which is pretty awesome for strength and conditioning and it allows you to do some intense cardio without going anywhere or jumping on a hamster machine. I'm loving kettlebell swings and Turkish getups at the moment.

Great, thanks!
Will check out that bar, and the website you mention.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
well, pushups would only be a fraction of your overall workout...but they are good for strength - but as ninja said - get a kettlebell...or you could try with a dumbell with limited success...

depends on what your overall goals are - to get stronger, bulk up, lose weight?

well, pushups would only be a fraction of your overall workout...but they are good for strength - but as ninja said - get a kettlebell...or you could try with a dumbell with limited success...

depends on what your overall goals are - to get stronger, bulk up, lose weight?

I used to gym 3 times a week and run. I was lean and had a good body shape, and reasonable definition. Then we had a baby, and all that went out the window. I'm trying to get back into it but going to the gym is a no go really, due to time. I'm hoping to start running again soon to help lose the gut and love handles that have developed over the last 1.5 years, and wanted to do some bodyweight stuff at home to just add a little more bulk. So the routine at home would mainly be to add a bit of bulk, and hope the running helps to get strip some of the fat.

I'm 5'8" and 11 stone for reference. I was the same weight when gymming, maybe slightly heavier, but as you can imagine, with muscle weighing more than fat, and I still weigh the same, that weight has had to go somewhere!

there are a ton of exercise routines on youtube , i like this lot ( I do their cardio routine up the gym although they can be done at home just as easy )

Welcome to the 6 Week Six Pack Challenge!

be warned though its not easy :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom