Bodo going to Bodo

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to Norway at the end of June (again) went to the South of Norway last year, on an 8 day touring package that took in a boat trip of a fiord, first time we had ever done a package, it was great, well worth it.

This time will be going up in the Arctic Circle to where my wifes family live, been quite ill this year and did not think i was going to be well enough to make it, but i am relatively fine now, so we are going.
Have been quite a few times before, usually only go for 1 week, but this might well be the last time we go, depending on health and wealth so making it a 2 week stay and the main object for me is photography, if the weather is nice its a cracking place for photography, 24 hour daylight as well.
Just in case it is the last time we go, i hope to photograph the area where my wife was born and raised, in a village called Misvaer situated at the end of a fiord.
Will be packing 2 cameras A100 & A700, sig 10-20 and 17-70, Zeiss 85m planar T and Minolta 80-200 hs 2.8.
Filters spare batteries, small tripod, 18gb memory and knowledge picked on here.

You cant get a direct flight, its LHR to Oslo and then Oslo to Bodo (the nearest city airport)
If the weather is good the flight into Bodo is part of the trip, the plane flies over spectacular fiords and snow capped mountains, for the last 10 minutes of the flight the plane drops down over the sea below below the mountains and the engines throttle back and its like the plane is gliding in with great views out the window.

Found a video on UTube of the actual part of the flight i am talking about and hopefully i have embedded on here
(never tried this before), have sat in the actual seat this video is taken from.
Hope you find it enjoyable:)

watch

I've always wanted to go to Norway just to experience it and now I'm quite into photography too I can imagine there are amazing photo opportunities.

Having been to the region east of Bergen, the main fjord area, I totally understand your passion for Norway Barry. I would love to go back and take in some of the northern area too, so I'm incredibly envious. I hadn't been into photography long and was shooting film when I went so I'd also love to go again with a bit more knowledge and just so I could take thousands more photos. The days it'd take to go through them on the computer afterwards would be a joy too.
The flight you'll be taking to Bodo looks superb. I hope you have a great time and I too look forward to seeing the photos.:smashin:

Have a great time Barry :smashin:and I look forward to your pics,:)

Just in case anyone is interested in Norway, have found this utube vieo of Northern Norway, actually there are loads on there, but thought this one short enough to keep you attention, my wife tells me that the backing song is an old Norwegian folk song and she is singing about remembering this land all the way up to the North

watch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom