Boardwalk Empire

Our Year

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
HBO has given the series greenlight to the Martin Scorsese-produced period drama “Boardwalk Empire
Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City

The following updated cast list includes a number of new and exciting additions, roughly in the announced order. Note that Plexus Publishing, Inc. is not involved in the production of Boardwalk Empire on HBO except as publisher of the book on which it is based and accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions in regard to any of the following details, which are subject to change without notice.

• Steve Buscemi starring as Nucky Johnson
  • Kelly Macdonald as Margaret, an enterprising Irish immigrant
  • Michael Pitt as Jimmy Darmody, an ambitious punk in Nucky’s gang
  • Michael Shannon as federal agent Van Alden
  • Stephen Graham as Al Capone
  • Vincent Piazza as Lucky Luciano
  • Aleksa Palladino as Angela Darmody, Jimmy’s wife
  • Paul Sparks as a bootlegging funeral director
  • Shea Whigham as Eli Johnson, a corrupt county sheriff
  • Anthony Laciura as Louis Kessel
  • Charisma Carpenter in an as-yet unnamed role
  • Ann Marie Seall as Babette
cant wait !!!!

soon as i see Steve Buscemi im interested.

Just read the link does sound really promising . Im looking forward to this.

Matin Scorsese has reportedly spent $50m (£31m) on the pilot of his new TV series Boardwalk Empire.
The iconic director is apparently causing concern at network HBO over the massive budget he has exhausted bringing his interpretation of the '20s New Jersey gangland to the small screen.
An insider told Page Six: "It's a huge period piece with a gigantic cast. Obviously, the rest of the episodes are cheaper because they'll reuse props, sets and costumes, but the first one was really pricey."
:eek::rotfl:

empire.jpg

Well after spending mega money on the HBO deal if SKY don't air this within a week of it's US premiere then they need shooting because I ain't waiting:)

Well after spending mega money on the HBO deal if SKY don't air this within a week of it's US premiere then they need shooting because I ain't waiting:)

I'm a bit confused about the whole Sky/HBO deal TBH.

Is it actually coming?

Will it be a standalone channel just showing HBO shows?

Or will HBO shows just be shown by Sky on whatever channel?

:confused:

I'm a bit confused about the whole Sky/HBO deal TBH.

Is it actually coming?

Will it be a standalone channel just showing HBO shows?

Or will HBO shows just be shown by Sky on whatever channel?

:confused:

The deal has been done, SKY have exclusive rights to all NEW content as well as the back catalogue but existing contracts HBO has with UK channels are still in force.

SKY haven't made it clear but there simply isn't enough content to offer a HBO linear channel and SKY1 has lost some BIG shows this year and they need replacing so it seems logical HBO content will fill them slots. The back catalogue is probably going to be split between filler for SKY1 and the streaming Anytime+ service (similar to what VM has done).

Currently none of the HBO shows are included in the Sept/Oct earlier listings but that could be down to only sealing the deal recently.

Brilliant first episode. Can't think of a single negative.

Episode 1: Boardwalk Empire - 8.3/10

Great start to this period drama series, can't wait to watch the rest. Maybe too many songs?, some songs started to grate a bit. But i liked the humour in the show.

great stuff, just like watching a movie, and a great one at that. much better than marty's last effort

Wow 9/10 from me one of the best pilots ive seen and like its been said it just played out like a top notch movie and really didnt want it to end.

I thought the music was excellent really captured the era,very cotton club.

Last edited:
Rumour is Sky won't be airing this until 2011 now :(:mad:

Anyone know if this true/confirmed?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom