Boardwalk Empire - The Complete Second Season Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
“When you come face to face with destiny, do you want to be the bear? Or do you want to be holding a shotgun?”

Championed by Martin Scorsese himself, and filling the void in high quality drama left by the passing of the likes of Deadwood, The Wire and The Sopranos, HBO’s heavy-hitter Boardwalk Empire enters its sophomore year following the shock events and twisted revelations of the first season’s finale. Needless to say, I assume if you’re reading this, whilst you may not have seen the second season yet, you’ve seen and enjoyed that first year of prohibition, power plays, and political machination – reviewed here – but if not, I recommend you go back to the beginning.

The first season introduced us to the roaring twenties, and the start of prohibition. Nucky...

Read the full review...

Are you sure about the specs? I have been told there is more subtitles then english?

Best regards:)

Are you sure about the specs? I have been told there is more subtitles then english?

Best regards:)

Sorry for the late reply, subtitles now updated :smashin:

Don't think I've ever watched a show which has so many scenes where people are asked to leave a room to allow a conversation to continue "in private".

Two errors in your interesting review, Cas:

"Kicking off a year into Prohibition, it’s January 2011 and Nucky is facing..."

"Michael Pitt (24) practically co-leads this season..."

Don't think I've ever watched a show which has so many scenes where people are asked to leave a room to allow a conversation to continue "in private".

Two errors in your interesting review, Cas:

"Kicking off a year into Prohibition, it’s January 2011 and Nucky is facing..."

"Michael Pitt (24) practically co-leads this season..."

24/54 is an easy mistake but I honestly don't know how I ended up making 1921 into 2011. That's pretty special. Discalculus maybe? :facepalm:

Anyway, cheers for pointing them out,
Cas

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom