1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Board Slots --> TH-42PW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by []NoNo, Dec 30, 2004.

1. []NoNo

[]NoNo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

We've decided to replace our aging CRT with the Panny PW7 so I just wanted to make sure that it does have the three terminal board slots. I went to Richer Sounds today (was going to have a look at the PW6) where one of the resident gurus told me that the PW6 only has one terminal board slot!? I thought it had three? (I couldn't see for myself because the display was obscured by all the sales flyers and he wouldn't move them).

We'll probably be going with av-sales.co.uk because of the above -->

Panasonic TH-42PW7B Plasma Screen
    Scart Terminal Board
    Slimline Desk Stand
    1M 3 RCA-3BNC Van Damme Cable +£41.03
    Component Video Terminal Board BNC +£66.49

Comes to £1850

I'll be connecting a Panasonic DMRE55 (Progressive Scan) to the components and my Telewest box to the Scart and will look at getting an new amp at a later date.

What do you think?

2. JamesL

JamesL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The 42" PW7 does indeed have three terminal slots (the smaller 37" model only has 2 slots). You can't put every type of board in each slot - Scart and HDMI boards will not going to slot 3 - but you shouldn't have any issues with what you want.

Some people suggest not getting the PW7 Scart Terminal Board. Might be worth you doing a forum search on that issue. Personally I have one and find it to give a decent enough picture - but then I don't watch that much through it and my plasma is still using 'dull' settings as it is under 200hrs running old.

Seems to be an excellent screen for the money though :smashin:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I would suggest you order the same kit as above but connect Cable TV>DVDR>PW7 component this will allow you to use live pause with the E55 use RGB out of cable box to E55 AV2 and the component out of E55 to screen

What are you using for audio???