BNP press conference disrupted by protestors

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
Just seen on the news the disruption of the BNP press conferenc ein london and the interview with Donna somebody on the news.

The Behaviour of the protestor was disgusting (Criminal?) and have played into the hands of the BNP!

Can you imagine the reaction if the BNP had disrupted someone elses press conference in this way! Police no where to be seen but lots of cameras.....

Now i dont support the BNP or what they stand for but to attack an elected member in public on TV is crazy! Plays straight into the BNPs hands.

Muppets! :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

HI,

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you on this one HornyDragon! Nick Griffin was pelted with eggs, and the BNP people were protested against, verbally, via chanting and shouting! Hardly the end of the world, and nothing that I, nor anyone else, is likley to lose any sleep over. :)

Reminded me of that lady who poured green liquid over Peter Mandelson awhile back! :D

Personally, I think any kind of non-violent hassle that BNP and Griffin get, is well-deserved! We don't want these kinds of neo-nazi scumbag fascists thinking that they are wanted, or representative of the British public!

Pooch

Pelting with eggs is technically an assault though. Where would you draw the line, hard boiled eggs? bricks? We have a constitutional right to peaceful protest, not to beat people up because we don't like their policies.

Such hypocrisy. BNP are the fascists? Who are the ones preventing the freedom of speech here for a legal political party? Exactly.

Really makes me angry.

If people don't believe in freedom of speech for their enemy, then they don't believe in it at all. Another win for the BNP today.

Yeah where as I'm not gonna say it's bad news to hear Griffin got an egg to the face... I believe the best tactic with these people is just to ignore them. The more coverage they get the worse.

I don't like the BNP, but this is out of order.

Everyone kicked off over the Muslim protest against the returning troops, and they didn't throw eggs.

Is it OK to go beyond the bounds of the law if public opinion is with you?

Does no-one think its funny that this never happens to members of any other political party?

Such hypocrisy. BNP are the fascists? Who are the ones preventing the freedom of speech here for a legal political party? Exactly.

Really makes me angry.

If people don't believe in freedom of speech for their enemy, then they don't believe in it at all. Another win for the BNP today.

I think you'll find there is more sympathy for your point of view in this thread than the other one :D

Personally, I think any kind of non-violent hassle that BNP and Griffin get, is well-deserved! We don't want these kinds of neo-nazi scumbag fascists thinking that they are wanted, or representative of the British public!

Weren't you studying law? I was sure throwing of projectiles was classed as either assult or ABH if it left a bruise?

Nah, it dont matter where the BNP is concerned. They are there to be assaulted.

The BNP is a legal political party. Nearly a million people voted for them last week.They have a right to have their say.

This really p*****s me off.

HI,Personally, I think any kind of non-violent hassle that BNP and Griffin get, is well-deserved! We don't want these kinds of neo-nazi scumbag fascists thinking that they are wanted, or representative of the British public!

Pooch

Just another beautiful post plastered with pure ignorance.

I did say more sympathy, there's always one...

I've seen all to well (and am sure Nitram has as well), the positive effect of censorship on legally elected politicians, whether you like them or not.

Here in N.Ireland Sinn Fein has gone from having actors playing the voices of their members because it was decided to ban them from being heard :rolleyes:, to topping the Polls at the recent elections, the first time any nationalist party has ever done that here.

The media, and general public need to tread carefully with the BNP, as from now on, every public function, speech, or opening of a supermmarket that they are involved with will be well publicised beforehand to ensure maximum publicity, good or bad.

What happened today was without doubt the sort of publicity Nick Griffen was dreaming about last night.

BTW Nitram, I bet you wish you could have voted for the BNP but thankfully they had no-one standing here. ;)

Talk about playing right into the BNP's hands. Its certainly not the BNP who look like fascists in that clip and that's exactly what they want!

BTW Nitram, I bet you wish you could have voted for the BNP but thankfully they had no-one standing here. ;)

Actually, I've lived in London since i was about 2 my friend. However, all my family is back in Ireland. ;)

i think members of most parties have been "assaulted" at some point in some way. Why should this ignorant scumbag be any different.

Freedom to protest, another win for democracy :)

HI,

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you on this one HornyDragon! Nick Griffin was pelted with eggs, and the BNP people were protested against, verbally, via chanting and shouting! Hardly the end of the world, and nothing that I, nor anyone else, is likley to lose any sleep over. :)

Reminded me of that lady who poured green liquid over Peter Mandelson awhile back! :D

Pooch
I'm bemused how you do not see your own breathless hypocrisy. Your views are not representative of the ideals you claim to uphold. Non-peaceful protest cannot be said to be warranted when the target is a person, whose views you just so happen not to agree with. I have yet to see any "fascists" disrupt "anti-fascist" demonstrations recently in quite the same manner

The Chineese know how to do it the Beijing reports earlier in the week with random umbrellas carried by "tourists" was far more effective now a couple of people with big umbrella blocking cameras etc would have been alot more successful. Unless of course it was the BNP who leaked and organised the "protestors" or is that just paranoid?

Actually, I've lived in London since i was about 2 my friend. However, all my family is back in Ireland. ;)

Fair enough...though in that case your location is misleading, which is why I've been a bit bemused by your support of the BNP over recent days.

BTW, Hope they don't send you home!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
I'm sure Mr Griffin will bounce back. He's got a way with words has our Nick.
YouTube - Nick Griffin, Cook Report, 1997

If how Nick puts it, "like to send them all home" in response to non-white people born here I'm assuming? Where does he plan on sending people who aren't white but who's family have lived here for 2 or more generations?

Look how hard it is already to throw people out of this country who have illegally come here only a few months ago.

Rather hypocritical the way the media actually treat the BNP.

I don't agree with them, but they are a legitimate political party and they have enough electoral support for a number of councillors and 2 MEPs. However, the media continue to display blatant bias when reporting. If they were as biased against any of the main political parties there would quite rightly be an outcry but so long as it's against the BNP, no problem it seems. We apparently live in a country where as long as there's a 'prevalent feeling' in the media it's OK to disregard all convention and fairness.

As to all this consternation being expressed about why the BNP seem to have gained support amongst the electorate well maybe the media and establishment should look to their own disgusting antics in portraying Moslems (at home and abroad) as evil, conniving terrorists over most of the last decade.

That sort of unremitting racist claptrap could only ever benefit extremist parties like the BNP. Unfortunately the government needs a bogeyman to scare the public into giving up their civil rights and freedoms so don't expect more balanced treatment of that minority to emerge.

Still, if the fascists do ever get into a position of real power at least they won't have to waste time beating our liberties out of us - the present set of idiots in government is doing just fine at that and a fascist government will find things nice and comfortable for them :mad:

i think members of most parties have been "assaulted" at some point in some way. Why should this ignorant scumbag be any different.

Freedom to protest, another win for democracy :)

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think this is a win for democracy at all, quite the opposite.

Whilst everyone have the right to protest (peacefully without violence), everyone should have the right to free speech.

Whilst everyone have the right to protest (peacefully without violence), everyone should have the right to free speech.

As long as you don't upset a minority, freespeech went in this country along time ago, it doesn't exist if you don't support the populist view.

The fact the BNP are winning elections scares me it really does democracy is great as long as everybody votes the same way ;) Other wise its just chaos and i can't see it getting any better any time soon.

Fair enough...though in that case your location is misleading, which is why I've been a bit bemused by your support of the BNP over recent days.

Hope they don't send you home!!!! :eek:

Well to answer that, I signed up to this site when i was over in Ireland for a few months. Guess I haven't been bothered to change it.

Why would they send me home? Nothern Ireland is a part of United Kingdom. I should be able to come and go as I please, they ****ing own my country. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom