BNC Component/Svideo

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by pizzacheaze, Nov 26, 2003.

1. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question regarding my setup, I have a long svideo run (10m) from my dvd player to my plasma screen. I get some interference on black screens. I have tried 2 different short svideo (1.5 and 2m) leads but its still the same.

I was thinking of going component, but my screen has BNC component connections on it.

I really could do with one to try (a short one) before I buy the more expensive 10m component leads to see if it is that.

Is anyone local to me? Manchester/Warrington area who has a bnc component lead?

2. stevepr

stevepr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can buy BNC connectors that attach to the phono (RCA) socket and these work fine. I am afraid I do not know any sellers but most good hi-fi shops will do them

3. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I plugged my playstation playing a dvd into the screen via svhs last night, no interference at all. I think it is my dvd player thats causing this.

My dvd player is a USA model, so i am using a 240/120v converter, i think this is where the problem lies. The interference has not been noticable for 3 years on a 32" widescreen TV, but when plugged into a plasma you can tell when you pump up the brightness.

I think component leads are going to make no difference now.

Time to buy a new dvd player i think.

4. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    update!

component leads sorted my problem

it was that good, i sat watching finding nemo with no sound for 20 minutes in amazement! why didnt i do this before!!!

verdict: svhs is poo

case closed