• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BNC Balun patching

jawadakram

Standard Member
Dear Members,

I want to convertor ethernet traffic from RJ45 to BNC interface using balun (matching transformer) having krone on it.

Two BNC Balun will be made, one for TX & one for RX.

Please share cable punching sequence on each BNC Balun.

Its would be great if you can send a punching tutorial for this purpose on my email :

Last edited by a moderator:

jawadakram

Standard Member
i just want to change the interfaced. RJ45 connector to BNC Male connector.
It can be using Balun convertor but i am confused about punching on Balun Krone.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
I hope that you will forgive the questions but I am confused by what you trying to achieve? For example why a balun?

If you give more information about the why, I may be able to help with the how.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
i want to get traffic from a E1 (BNC Interface) and put it on Ethernet port and viceversa.
Another question I'm afraid. What "traffic"? In other words, what is running over the E1.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Ethernet Port", which can mean many different things.

Kristian

Prominent Member
E1 is not Ethernet so you can't just connect a BNC to RJ45. You normally do it by using a router. You connect the E1 to a card/module in the router (using G.703/4 iirc) and then connect your Ethernet network to the router's Ethernet port.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom